The Arc Lexington is currently seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) to join the Clinical Services Team. Our Speech and Language Pathologist's (SLP) play a vital role in evaluating and diagnosing disorders of communication and swallowing. Not only will the SLP provide needed therapy to the individuals we support in our programs but will provide essential training and guidance to all Lexington staff working with people who have these needs.
This Position will work in various locations, which include Albany, Fulton, and Schoharie Counties.
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance. A very generous PTO plan along with a 401(k) plan that includes a company match. FREE telemedicine for all employees and family members. AND MORE!
*** This position may qualify for up to $3000 of the Healthcare Bonus Award! ***
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating people as needed in the areas of speech, language and dysphagia
- Monitoring and recording individual/group data, preparing progress summaries for formal speech programs, and summarizing this data for treatment team meetings. The SLP is responsible for completing all documentation requirements as assigned by the supervisor.
- Making visits to the residences and/or day programs of the people
- Participate in treatment team meetings
- Provide training, consultation, supervision and guidance to all staff
We provide paid training, flexible schedules and excellent benefits.
Master's degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited institution of learning. Current license to practice as a SLP in the State of New York or be a current Clinical Fellow working towards completed certification. One year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have a valid NYS driver's license and have your own transportation.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.