- Gloversville, NY, USA
- 20 per hour
- Full Time and Part Time
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
The Arc Lexington, due to continuous growth, is currently seeking a Training Specialist to join our team. This is a key role in our organization providing classroom training for new hires and continue working on retention support systems including coaching, mentoring and supplemental instruction to ensure the success and retention of our newly hired Direct Support Professionals (DSP).
- Coordinate and ensure proper training of new staff.
- Assist new staff to have a successful transition from training in the classroom to training in our homes while supporting the people that live there.
- Support newly trained DSP's in the field using specifically designed tools and forms for actionable data collection and effective follow up.
- Create and implement, in collaboration with the Training and Residential Departments, DSP follow up tools to gauge the success of the entire training and on-boarding experience for the employee during the first 180 days of employment.
- Evaluate relationships between new hire and residential coaches through on-site visits
- HS Diploma or GED (Required)
- Valid License with at least two years of driving experience (Required)
- Reliable transportation (Required)
- At least one year of experience with working with people with disabilities (Required)
- At least one year of training experience (Required)
- Ability to travel between Fulton, Schoharie and Albany Counties (Required)
- Flexibility to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- Heart Saver First Aid/CPR certified (need to obtain within 3 months of employment)
- SCIP-R Certified (need to obtain within 6 months of employment)
If this is you, and you want to join a winning team contact us The Arc Lexington today! We are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Beliefs.
Benefits: We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, generous paid time off, 401K, telemedicine and more!!
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind; Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.