The Arc Lexington is currently seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to join their clinical team. The PTA will work under the general supervision of a licensed physical therapist and will provide treatment and monitoring of programs as directed by the physical therapist. This position requires an Associate's degree in a Physical Therapy Assistant program. Candidates must be registered with New York State. A valid NYS Driver's License is also required.
Experience LexLife with our Increased Starting Rates!!!
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance. A very generous PTO plan along with a 401(k) plan that includes a company match. FREE telemedicine for all employees and family members. AND MORE!
*** This position may qualify for up to $3000 of the Healthcare Bonus Award! ***
- The PTA shall exhibit a general acceptance of persons and responsiveness to working with individuals who are developmentally disabled.
- Shall have sufficient professional knowledge in regard to developmental disabilities to enable him/her to meet the job responsibilities as defined.
- Shall demonstrate an interest and the ability to work with other staff and volunteers in a team approach.
- Shall be directly responsible to a senior clinician for daily supervision, direction, training and with respect to questions regarding agency or program policies, practices and procedures.
- Shall be responsible to the PT for clinical recommendations and directions as related directly to individual evaluations and programs.
- The PTA will maintain current certification in SCIP-R, First Aid & CPR.
- Shall be expected to direct his/her efforts toward achieving the program purpose as defined in the program policies of the agency.
- Shall be expected to adhere to ethical standards.
- Shall be expected to adhere to the program and personnel policies of the Agency.
Lexington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Lexington is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.