- Redstone Arsenal, AL, USA
- Full Time
401k; Health; Dental; Vision; Flexible Spending Accounts; Teladoc; EAP; Short Term and Long Term Disability; Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Radial Solutions Inc., (RSi) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Huntsville, AL. At RSi, we understand that people are the most important aspect of our business! As a service provider to the government, we aim to hire right people for each role. We provide professional development opportunities to support continued professional growth. We strive to foster an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment for every team member.
RSi is seeking am Engineer Level I or II (based on experience level) to join our team supporting our NASA customer on Redstone Arsenal.
Position Description Summary
Candidate will perform independent engineering tasks under the direction of experienced Pressure and Propellants Engineers while collaborating with a team to ensure overall team priorities are accomplished. Will apply commonly used engineering equations and techniques to solve complex and diverse engineering problems. Candidate must be capable of working well with other team members and writing work instructions for engineering technicians while teaching concepts of applications to other team members.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide direction and engineering support for cryogenic and high pressure generation and distribution systems.
Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct analysis, evaluation, or design of unique and complex mechanical systems for system operations. Including knowledge of reciprocating cryogenic pumps, reciprocating compressors, rotary screw compressors, industrial controls, and desiccant dryers
- Compressible fluid analysis
- Pressure system designs including: valve, tube, pipe, and instrumentation applications
- Apply Knowledge of industrial pressure systems and related components
- Resolve issues with mechanical/electrical systems managed by the PPDS engineering directorate
- Update, renovate, and modernize mechanical systems by implementing state of the art design techniques and practices to improve the facility systems described above
- Communicate with vendors to identify equipment and obtain quotes for procurement
- This position will require substantial independence with engineering development, but will work with other facility engineers to integrate mechanical and electrical design applications
- Conceptual knowledge of cryogenic systems and related applications
- Candidate must be capable of working with and leading assigned teams at various MSFC Facilities
- Ability to interpret and communicate requirements with a team
- Ability to work independently with little oversight
Level I- BS with 0-5 years experience
Level II- BS with 5+ years experience
1-5 years working experience in an industrial setting or a maintenance field is highly preferred.
Knowledge in pressure system operations at a NASA/Aerospace facility is strongly desired
Primarily indoor office, industrial, and laboratory settings
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 40 lbs on occasion, sit or stand for long periods of time, ability to use and climbing ladders and maneuvering through tight spaces.
Security Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
RSi is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our Careers site as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance in completing the application process. Please email your resume and application to email@example.com or contact us directly about your interest in employment with RSI.
RSi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- EEOC Know Your Rights (updated 10/20/2022)
- OFCCP Pay Transparency Poster
- FLSA -Minimum Wage/Employee Rights
- USERRA - Your Rights Under USERRA
- OSHA/Whistleblower Protections Act - Job Safety and Health
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
- CWHSSA - Employee Rights on Government Contracts
- McNamara SCA/Walsh Healy PCA - Employee Rights on Government Contracts
- E-Verify Participation
- Right to Work
- DoD Whistleblower Protections
- DoD Hotline Poster
- Combatting Human Trafficking in Persons
- Workers Rights Under Executive Order 13706
- Alabama Job Insurance (Unemployment)
- Alabama Workers Compensation Information