- Terre Haute, IN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account) • Life Insurance • Short-Term Disability (STD) • Long-Term Disability (LTD) • 401k • Paid Time Off (PTO) • Tuition Reimbursement • Employee Assistance Program • Bereavement Leave • Credit Union Membership Available • Print Shop Discount • Referral Bonus • Work center Incentive
Sycamore Services is seeking an Speech Language Pathologist
Our clients lok to you to provide a wide variety of speech and language therapy consultation, evaluation,assessment and related services for infants and toddlers referred to the First Steps program.
You will need to maintain detailed records, analyze client data, and prepare assessment reports with appropriate treatment plans as required.
You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team who develops or assists in developing and implementing the Individualized Family Service Plans, including establishing individualized speech and language outcomes for program participants, observing/evaluating effects of therapy, and recommending adjustments in treatment to maximize benefits.
Conduct direct, individual, therapy sessions with toddlers/infants, including instructing, motivating and assisting in performing various language activities.
Operates a motor vehicle for various functions, such as visiting client homes, attending conferences, performing assessments and consultation, and conducting therapy sessions.
Attends and/or conducts in-service training programs and provides consultation to agency personnel as needed.
Performs related duties as assigned, ensuring the best interests of agency and clients.
Up to $1,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Provide activities that are design to enhance the child's development in speech and language skills and self-help development.
Knowledge of speech and language disorders related to developmentally delayed infants and toddlers.
Exercises independent judgment in testing and analyzing speech and language skills and self-help skills and developing appropriate goals and objectives for the individual clients.
Ability to work independently, following practices of the profession and standard department policies and procedures.
Unusual situations and problems are discussed with the supervisor.
Work is periodically reviewed for attainment of objectives and adherence to instruction/guidelines.
Address the planned interaction of personnel, materials, time, and space that leads to meeting the Outcomes in the IFSP.
Incorporate parent/caregiver involvement in order to encourage follow- through and integration of speech and language and communication needs in all aspects of the child's daily life.
Design learning environment and activities that promote a child's speech and language skill development.
Provide services in the natural setting of the eligible child and family. This may include one-to-one child intervention, group activities, family training and support, or consultation/training services to programs and services where the child and /or family participates
Ability to work in classrooms, client homes and in a standard office environment. Duties are generally performed seated or standing at will with occasional physical effort required to lift and move children. May be occasionally exposed to unsanitary conditions and communicable diseases.
Provide training and education to understand the special needs of the child.
Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child's development.
Provide support and consultation to community childcare staff when the location for delivering therapy to a child is in a community childcare setting.
Submit billing within appropiate time frame.
Ensure the quantity and type of service provided are documented by the IFSP meetings and are reflected in the IFSP.
Complete progress notes, regular evaluations and quarterly reports to be submitted to families, Service Coordinator and SPOE.
Maintain all confidential files according to First Steps and Sycamore Services requirement.
Perform other duties as needed.
Attends all agency in-service as required.
Must be enrolled or be able to be enrolled in the First Steps Systems with the
- Masters degree in Speech Pathology and possession of or ability to obtain a Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech Pathology from the State of Indiana.
- Experience working with developmentally-delayed/at-risk children.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to make practical application of theories and methods in testing and evaluating speech and language skills of developmental delayed/at risk children.
- Working knowledge of Individualized Family service Plan (IFSP) guidelines, with the ability to develop and implement appropriate goals and objectives to address individual fine motor and self-help needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to attend and conduct in-service training programs and provide consultation to agency personnel.
- Ability to follow all personnel policies and rules of the agency, and maintain confidentially of records and information as required.
- Must have effective transportation and valid driver's license.
- Ability to work non-standard flexible schedule.
- Bending, Standing, Sitting for long periods of time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Able to perform minimal office upkeep tasks
- Part time
Sycamore Services is committed to employees, customers, and the community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Sycamore Services prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Sycamore Services and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
with our quick 3 minute Application!