- 06-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Part Time
The Classroom Aide serves under the direction of Head Start Child Development Area Supervisor. The Classroom Aide serves as a third adult staff member in the classroom to assist with an individual child or group of children in normal class routines and activities. This may include doing circle time, singing with the children, handling transitions, reading stories, participating with children in learning centers and assisting the teachers with behavior management.
First Consideration Date for Applicants: 08/09/2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aide acts as a Teacher Aide in the classroom. This includes doing circle time, singing, transitions, reading stories, and participating with children in learning centers.
- The Aide also assists the teachers with behavior management and other classroom tasks as assigned.
- Assists in keeping children safe, healthy, and well supervised in the classroom and on the playground.
- Models positive classroom management and promotes respect for all children and adults.
- Models appropriate hand washing, tooth brushing, and table manners for the children.
- The Aide will clean, disinfect and sanitize toys, floors, and other common areas and surfaces in the classroom.
- The Aide will clean and sanitize playground equipment after use.
- Accepts other duties assigned by the teachers or supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish desired but not required.
- Must be willing and able to implement the SUU approach to individualizing the curriculum.
- Must attend in-service training as required.
- Experience with young children in Head Start, preschool, and/or other setting highly preferred but not required.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications, and food handler's permit, blood borne pathogens, hazardous chemicals exposure, and preventing sexual harassment trainings are required.
- Must support the Head Start Performance Standards, the SUU Head Start Mission, Head Start policies and procedures and the SUU Head Start Code of Conduct.
- Acts in the best interest of SUU Head Start and Southern Utah University at all times.
- Employment is conditional pending results of a pre-employment physical exam and TB test, and approval of the Head Start Policy Council.
- Must be able to pass a background check with the BCI database and not have a record of substantiated child abuse or any other crimes against the vulnerable population.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for 3 Professional References
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!