- 06-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Part Time
Under the direction of the Head Start Facilities Specialist, the Head Start Custodian will oversee all general cleaning of the Head Start facility.
First Consideration Date for Applicants: 08/09/2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Empty and clean garbage cans, replace liners
- Clean Restrooms:
- Clean walls around toilets
- Clean bathroom doors
- Clean bathroom sinks, mirrors and walls
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and stock toilet paper, paper towel holders and soap dispensers
- Vacuum carpets, Empty Vacuums daily
- Clean door frames and floorboards as needed
- Spot clean carpets as needed
- Clean windows as needed
- Deep clean facility twice a year
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Experience in Custodial Maintenance a plus
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be willing to uphold the SUU Head Start Standard of Conduct, the SUU Head Start Core Values
- Act in the best interest of SUU Head Start and Southern Utah University at all times
- Employment is conditional pending results of a, pre-employment physical and TB test and approval of the Head Start Policy Council
- Must be able to pass a background check with the BCI database and not have a record of substantiated child abuse or any other crimes against the vulnerable population
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for 3 Professional References
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!