- 02-Apr-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Cedar City, UT, USA
- Commensurate with Experience
- Full Time
The Department of Biology at Southern Utah University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in Microbiology to begin in Spring or Fall of 2022.
First consideration of applications will begin July 31, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We seek an individual with a strong commitment to undergraduate education. Duties include:
1. teach core Microbiology courses and associated laboratory courses.
2. Teach other Biology courses and associate laboratory courses as needed.
3. Professional service on departmental and university committees is also required.
4. Preference will be given to applicants with backgrounds or research interests that complement current strengths in the department and who have the potential to establish an active undergraduate research program that results in presentations and publications.
Education and Experience Requirements:
We seek outstanding, highly motivated candidates that demonstrate teaching excellence and are committed to the development of our students.
- A terminal degree (Ph.D., D.Sc., etc.) in Biology or related field is required. ABD will be considered if the degree is conferred by start date.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior undergraduate teaching experience.
- Experience using evidence-based teaching and assessment techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and a commitment to excellence in undergraduate research.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students in an undergraduate academic setting.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter of Interest
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Additional documents may be requested.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!