- Dayton, OH, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE Engineering offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement.
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States. Since 1981, we have supported the DoD community, as well as Homeland Security, advanced technologies, environmental, and commercial markets. Our employees have backgrounds in engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, acquisition, technical writing, training, and other technical and administrative fields. And many of our personnel have DoD and/or operational military experience. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
- Location: Dayton, Ohio
- Security Clearance: Active Clearance or Eligible to Obtain - U.S. citizenship required
- Salary: $75,000 - $110,000
- Travel: Up to 10%
- Benefits: SURVICE Engineering offers a total rewards package to include competitive salaries, comprehensive insurance options, paid time off, 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, tuition reimbursement.
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking a Data Scientist to support several Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) programs. You will accelerate your career and become an integral team member within the defense community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, discriminators, and trends to decision-makers
- Collect, aggregate, standardize and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into military utility performance
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance discriminators, quantify areas of uncertainty, and identify areas of improvement into current operations
- Use analytics and metrics to improve Concept of Employments (CONEMPS) as well as Tactics, Training, and Procedures (TTPs)
Bachelor's Degree in social science or technical field of study and 3-5+ years of relevant experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered. Candidates are not required to possess all qualifications; if you possess some of the desired qualifications, please apply.
- Strong analytical, inference, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Practical knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) aircraft and weapon systems
- Experience drawing qualitative insights and manipulating quantitative data (using Excel, Python, MATLAB, R, or similar data analysis tool)
- Experience with data science and visualization tools, such as R Shiny/RStudio, Tableau, JMP/JMP Pro, and/or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to participate in small, dynamic teams and deliver products exceeding customer expectations
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
SURVICE is subject to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors) and the applicable Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance. Therefore, continued employment will be contingent upon compliance with these requirements in the event they become enforceable.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!