- Atlantic City, NJ, USA
- Full Time
SURVICE offers competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flexible scheduling, and more!
Join Us in Making a Difference in the Lives of Those Defending Our Nation!
Come join the SURVICE Engineering mission to protect, enhance, and enable those who defend the United States as we kick off our 40th year of service! If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a leading organization, come see what we can offer you!
Research Scientist - Millimeter Wave (MMW) Radar & Explosives
- Location: Transportation Security Laboratory, Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- COVID Vax Status: Fully vaccinated or SURVICE-approved Legal Accommodation Exemption
- Security Clearance: Active Secret or eligible to obtain, plus DHS suitability. U.S. citizenship is required.
- Relocation: Assistance is available
- Benefits: Competitive salaries, bonus potential, PTO, insurance, 401k, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, flex scheduling, and more!
- Travel: 5%
SURVICE Engineering is currently seeking a Research Scientist with Millimeter Wave (MMW) Radar and Explosives experience to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Spiral development and research of material identification using active millimeter wave (MMW) systems, with open architecture and integration
- The final deliverable shall include high-speed processing and software suitable for airport demonstrations; the new technology uses a broad frequency spread to evaluate the signal return, calculate the frequency response, calculate the real and imaginary dielectric constant, and compare that result to a database of known values to identify the explosive uniquely.
Bachelors degree in Physics and 12 years' experience or masters degree and 6 years' experience or Ph.D. and 5 years' experience.
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) knowledge or experience, a must
- Knowledge and experience in electromagnetic theory and scattering
- Knowledge and experience in MMW image reconstruction and calibration
- Knowledge and experience in modeling and algorithm development
- Experience developing advanced algorithms using digital signal processing techniques with radar imaging technology
- Knowledge and experience in the use of compiled programming languages, computer programming engineering, Mathematica, MATLAB, and COMSOL
- Knowledge and experience in the use of parallel computing programming languages, C++ with CUDA or similar
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter with a strong desire to learn
SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and they are proud to have supported the development, testing, analysis, and modeling and simulation (M&S) of many of the major U.S. air, land, and sea combat systems in the field today. They have also contributed their expertise to other vital national defense programs and technologies that involve survivability, cybersecurity, information technology/ management, software engineering, unmanned aerial systems (UASs), and metrology/reverse engineering.
Per Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), to be employed with SURVICE Engineering, candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or request and be granted a legal accommodation exemption prior to starting work after 18 January 2022.
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.