- Watsonville, CA, USA
- Full Time
Superior Foods' benefits include 15 vacation days and 5 sick days annually; medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution; and the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the food industry.
Superior Foods International (SFI) is a global importer, manufacturer, and distributor of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. We take pride in connecting farm to family for the benefit of all. We are a growing company and an essential employer.
SFI is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance Team in our Watsonville headquarters. This position is responsible for reviewing the accuracy of invoices, data entry into the accounting system, and payment of vendor invoices according to established payment terms. This position interfaces with internal staff and external customers via phone and email.
- Analyze product invoices for pricing, quantity, and rate variances; communicate variances to appropriate internal department; code invoices
- Reconcile invoice registers against invoices to verify correct entry into the accounting system
- Complete check runs one to three times per week and maintain check register spreadsheet
- File processed invoices in payable files and save data entry registers electronically
- Complete all data entry for Superior Foods Companies
- Receive and sort incoming accounting mail
- Assist with audits, special projects, faxing, filing, scanning, and copying as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years previous Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish a plus
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and 10 key calculator proficiency required; experience with Adobe a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail with excellent follow through
Superior Foods is based in Watsonville, in the heart of the fertile Central California coast. We are a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. Our supply base spans more than 25 countries and gives us the advantage of staggered growing seasons, geographical diversification, and access to reliable supply.
Our company's purpose is to use business as a force for good and to significantly and sustainable improve the lives and well-being of the people within our communities. We are leaders in social responsibility and are dedicated to the reciprocal success of everyone we touch.
Our staff is comprised of 68 (and growing) passionate, talented, self-driven, empowered, and diverse employees. Over the past two decades, we have built a culture that is authentic, purpose driven, personal, and dynamic. Our core values center around a foundation of trust, transparency, and credibility, which has been instrumental to our long-term success.
If you are a talented Accounts Payable Specialist and embrace SFI's core values of trust, reliability, integrity, food safety, innovation, and community, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Words: Accounts Payable * Accounting * Reconciliation * 10 key * International * Food Industry * Frozen Foods
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!