- Watsonville, CA, USA
- Full Time
Superior Foods' benefits include 15 vacation days and 5 sick days annually; medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution; and the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the food industry.
Superior Foods International (SFI) is a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. We take pride in connecting farm to family for the benefit of all. We are a growing company and an essential employer.
SFI is seeking an Import Logistics Coordinator to join our Logistics Team in our Watsonville headquarters. The Import Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the daily activity of ocean containers to their assigned port(s), troubleshooting shipment problems, formulating solutions, and notifying appropriate stakeholders. This position also manages relationships with drayage companies and recommends process efficiencies for cost savings and profitability.
- Coordinate movement of imported ocean containers to customers' or SFI's warehouses
- Provide early identification of problem shipments; communicate issues to stakeholders and implement solutions
- Work closely with transportation providers to confirm shipment timing, review routes, confirm shipping line, obtain government agency and port releases, request and confirm wire payments, schedule pick up and delivery appointments, dispatch orders, and confirm return of empty containers
- Audit 7501 customers entry summaries and report discrepancies to Logistics Manager
- Create and update invoices and allocate freight costs; work with Business Managers, finance, and transportation providers to resolve discrepancies
- Assist in freight rate negotiations as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years logistics experience in an import/export environment and BA or BS in logistics or transportation or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong working knowledge of vessel clearance and port procedures as well as importing concepts, rules, and regulations, including FDA and U.S. Customs
- Basic proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer service skills
- Strong detail orientation and organization skills
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with conflicting priorities and changing deadlines
- Proven ability to solve challenging logistical problems with minimal work direction
Superior Foods is based in Watsonville, in the heart of the fertile Central California coast. We are a global supplier of frozen fruits, vegetables, and grains for the retail, industrial, club, and foodservice markets. Our supply base spans more than 25 countries and gives us the advantage of staggered growing seasons, geographical diversification, and access to reliable supply.
Our company's purpose is to use business as a force for good and to significantly and sustainable improve the lives and well-being of the people within our communities. We are leaders in social responsibility and are dedicated to the reciprocal success of everyone we touch.
Our staff is comprised of 68 (and growing) passionate, talented, self-driven, empowered, and diverse employees. Over the past two decades, we have built a culture that is authentic, purpose driven, personal, and dynamic. Our core values center around a foundation of trust, transparency, and credibility, which has been instrumental to our long-term success.
If you are a talented Import Logistics Coordinator and embrace SFI's core values of trust, reliability, integrity, food safety, innovation, and community, we'd love to hear from you!
Key Words: Logistics * Transportation * Imports * Exports * FDA Regulations * Food Industry * Frozen Foods * International Dispatch *
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!