- Sun City West, AZ, USA
- 75000.00-82806.06 per year Salaried exempt
- Full Time
Sun Health is looking for a big-hearted, invested, and thorough Registered Nurse Weekend Supervisor to join our vibrant team at Grandview Terrace in Sun City West, AZ.
*$1,000 sign-on bonus: $500 after 30 days and $500 after 6 months.
Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Why Sun Health?
Sun Health has been supporting healthcare in the West Phoenix metropolitan area for over 50 years and continues its mission to champion superior health and wellbeing through philanthropy, inspired living, and wellness programs.
Sun Health's core purpose is to empower people to enjoy living longer and more purposeful lives and our team members lead the way in education, advocacy, and care for our residents and community.
Sun Health was recently:
- certified as a Great Place to Work by our employees in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- awarded a top 10 spot on the national Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services™ 2020 and 2021 list, and
- awarded a Platinum award in 2019, 2020 & 2021 through the Healthy Arizona Worksites Program.
Benefits offered for this position include:
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- 401k with immediate vesting & up to 4% employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career and leadership development opportunities
- Employee Health and Wellbeing programs & rewards
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Discount Programs through The Employee Network
- Employee Association: Nonprofit supporting team members in need
A comprehensive list of benefits for full-time positions can be found here: https://www.sunhealth.org/careers#benefit
Statement of Purpose: To provide direction to nursing personnel related to the application of the skilled nursing services being provided for the care and comfort of the Care Center residents and Assisted Living residents in conjunction with the mission, goals and objectives of the Care Center/Assisted Living. This position will require working within a Medicare environment. This position reports to the Director of Nursing and is exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
· Has the responsibility and authority of disciplining the Certified Nursing Assistants and LPNs.
· In cases of severe disciplinary problems, may suspend and send home an employee if the circumstances so indicate.
· Available to listen and take corrective action regarding the concerns raised by a resident, a member of the resident's family, visitor, or facility personnel.
· Responsible for carrying out and recording physicians' orders in a timely manner.
· Have a working knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
· Have a working knowledge of State and Federal rules and regulations.
· Regularly attend staff and in-service meetings.
· In some instances, will assist in orientation of new employees and be responsible for input in the evaluation of the new employee.
· Will assist in completing the paperwork for resident admissions.
· May have to fill in when a nurse is absent.
· Assist with contacting staff or agency to fill positions when there is a call-off.
· Oversees and assists nursing staff with medication pass and charting as needed.
· Oversees and assists the Assisted Living staff with medication pass and charting as needed.
· Updates Resident Care Plans as needed.
· Possess a working competency in IV administration, venipuncture, and central line maintenance.
· Conduct tours of the facility as required.
· Conducts facility admissions on the weekends, including reviewing clinical charts, communicating with referral sources, verifying insurances, and arranging transportation to the HRC.
· All other duties as assigned by the Nursing Management team and the facility Administrator.
- Demonstrate the Sun Health Vibrant Living culture and provides all customers/audience with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating Sun Health behaviors (the 6 Cs) each and every day
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing.
- Possesses or is able to obtain a current and unrestricted nursing license from the State of Arizona.
- Possesses or is able to obtain a current and unrestricted LPN nursing license from the State of Arizona.
- Possess a current and unrestricted certification from the state of Arizona to perform venipuncture, documentation required.
- Possesses or is able to obtain a current and unrestricted IV certification from the State of Arizona.
- Previous experience working with geriatrics desired
- Possess current or has the ability to obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card is required.