- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Salary, Unlimited PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan, 529 Plan Contribution, Wellness Allowance, Disability, Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Health Flexible Spending Account , Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program
Hire Contingent Upon Contract Award
New Orleans, LA
(Candidates within Eastern Time Zone Preferred)
I. Who We Are
Student Freedom Initiative, Inc. (SFI) is a nonprofit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Delaware and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. SFI vision is to address the wealth gap through the lens of education. As detailed in Attachment 1, SFI implements it vision through philanthropic support from mission aligned partners who share our core values and seek to elevate students and the entire Minority Serving Institution (MSI) ecosystem and the communities in which they reside.
II. The Role
We are looking for a Broadband Project Manager to serve as overall project coordinator to maximize productivity through management and oversight of implementation processes with SFI's participating MSI(s) and strategic partners, coordinate the development and approval of required agreements with strategic partners, ensure compliance with relevant federal and state legislation and regulations, and coordinate among broadband provider(s), strategic partners, participating MSI(s), and local community leadership. The successful candidate will approach this critical role with experience in project management, broadband technology and community engagement.
III. What You Will Do
- Review existing and evolving federal (and state) requirements for eligible communities to receive federal (and state) funding from government departments.
- Remain current in new federal broadband programs, industry trends, technologies, and broadband development.
- Serve as SFI's primary liaison with the broadband provider(s), Community Anchor Institutions (e.g., MSIs), local community leadership, residents, applicable department of public utilities, and implementation partners.
- Lead planning, development, coordination, and delivery of broadband master plans within the assigned geographic area(s) in collaboration with stakeholders. (See Attachment 2 - Broadband Master Plan Summary).
- Facilitate coordination with appropriate stakeholder(s) to ensure compliance with requirements, laws, and regulations.
- Identify and cultivate relationship(s) with local and state broadband offices, within the assigned geographic area(s), to enable support and acceptance of broadband master plans as an input to their plan submission to National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) for concurrence on allocation strategy for federal infrastructure bill funding.
- Prepare white papers, presentations, reports, analysis, and recommendations to enable understanding of broadband master plan(s) and understanding of service provider approach to delivery of reliable, cost effective broadband services.
- Ensure alignment of broadband master plan with eligible communities and Community Anchor Institutions goals and objectives.
- Support community implementation of deployment of broadband services.
- Align broadband risk management with company-wide risk management.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters, budgets, and potential ROI; evaluate financial sustainability.
- Coordinate engagement, workforce development and training, internships, and research opportunities among relevant stakeholders (e.g., MSI(s), residents, community leadership).
IV. What You Will Bring
- BS/BA in Information Technology or relevant engineering field; MS/MA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in project leadership roles with a mix of strategic, tactical, and service responsibilities.
- Experience in the broadband/telecommunication sectors.
- Prior experience leading organizational assessment, implementation, and compliance and the application of Telecommunication Industry best practices.
- Knowledge of the following: 4G/5G technology, performance analysis, broadband project design/development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience with serving as a strategic advisor to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technology matters in an easy-to-understand manner to executives, teams, and individual contributors across the organization.
- Ability to work independently, taking initiative in identifying alternative solutions to mitigate risks.
- Creative problem-solving under ambiguous circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Student Freedom Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.