- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Competitive Salary; Unlimited PTO; 12 Paid Holidays + Paid Winter Break; Medical; Dental; Vision; 401K Plan; Disability; Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment; Health Flexible Spending Account; Commuter Benefits; Employee Assistance Program
Who We Are
Student Freedom Initiative, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Delaware and operated exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. Our mission is to address the overwhelming student debt faced by all too many of the young men and women attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities ("HBCUs") - and ultimately other Minority-Serving Institutions ("MSI"). We are student centric, evidence-based and collaborative. We deliver a holistic solution to address the systemic problems associated with increasing social and economic mobility of students and increasing resilience and competitiveness of HBCUs. Our program is composed of four primary components: (1) Income Contingent Alternative to traditional Parent Plus loans, (2) Internships, (3) Tutoring, Mentoring, and Other Services, and (4) Targeted HBCU Capacity Building. These components are supported by partner(s), who provide subject matter expertise, in kind support and donated capital.
We are looking for an MSI Engagement Partner to coordinate the MSI's engagement with the program. The successful candidate will have recent experience working at or with (1) Hispanic Serving Institutions, (2) Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institutions, (3) Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions, (4) Tribal Colleges and Universities, or (5) Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions. The candidate will partner with academic affairs, enrollment services, financial aid, and other student support services at assigned MSIs to streamline their adoption and success as a participating institution. The candidate will also liaise with Student Freedom Initiative's vendors and partners on the implementation of Student Freedom Initiative's four program components. If you are enthusiastic about working with MSIs, interested in the operational effectiveness of these institutions, invested in the academic and career success of students, and an excellent communicator we would like to meet you. We are looking for energetic, collaborative, team players who are entrepreneurial and have a strong desire to support MSIs' continued excellence in the service to their students and graduates.
What You Will Do
- Serve as the primary liaison for the assigned MSI(s) engagement and involvement with all components of the program: (1) Income Contingent Alternative to Parent Plus loans, (2) Internships, (3) Tutoring, Mentoring, and Other Services, and (4) Targeted HBCU Capacity Building.
- Manage the execution of Memorandum of Understanding full onboarding process for assigned MSI(s), ensuring a positive experience.
- Have mid to senior level proficiency of postsecondary academic affairs, student support services, and career readiness.
- As an independent contributor, must be extremely self-motivated and have a high-level of autonomy when developing project plans, executing tasks and producing required deliverables.
- As the customer relationship manager, provide a high quality and efficient experience for the assigned MSI(s), including conducting independent research, data collection, data analysis, data management, and support ongoing longitudinal studies.
- Be an excellent orator and have dynamic interpersonal skills. Facilitate reoccurring meetings and conduct subject matter specific presentations with assigned MSIs using multiple streaming platforms (i.e., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Provide ongoing product knowledge and training to assigned MSIs on the Student Freedom Agreements (SFAs) and Student Freedom Initiative's program components.
- Develop marketing and communications strategies and resources with assigned MSIs and implementation partner(s).
- Engage in academic and regulatory affairs research as it relates to the planning and implementation of all four program components.
- Collaborate with assigned MSIs' point of contact, designated MSI staff, and implementation partner(s) to enable successful transition and adoption of each program component.
- Have strong project management and time management skills. Actively collaborate with other Student Freedom Initiative units to track and report on MSI inquiries, action items, and project status.
- Collaborate closely with assigned MSI(s) and SFI leadership to ensure concerns are being addressed.
- Create and update business templates, processes, and procedures related to MSI onboarding and program integrity.
- Identify and document best practices to improve the overall process.
What You Will Bring
- Ability to learn and grow within a Nonprofit environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred
- Recent work experience at or with (1) Hispanic Serving Institutions, (2) Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institutions, (3) Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions, (4) Tribal Colleges and Universities, or (5) Native American-Serving Nontribal Institutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of MSIs, academic affairs, enrollment management, financial aid, institutional research and other student support services.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to function professionally under pressure, and show poise in all situations, while managing concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Must possess good judgment, excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.