- 18-Oct-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (MST)
- Steel Girder
- Coolidge, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Profit Sharing, 401k, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
Stinger Bridge & Iron, an AISC certified structural steel fabricator and PCI certified precast concrete girder fabricator and erection contractor. Stinger focuses primarily on the Southwestern Bridge and Highway market, specializing in bridge projects. Stinger fabricates in its Coolidge, Arizona facility located south of the Phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert area and erects work in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. For additional information about our company visit our website at www.stingerbridgeandiron.com
Our Service Mechanic is a safety sensitive position responsible for ensuring vehicles and equipment are maintained while strictly adhering to all state, federal, DOT, and company policies and procedures. Internal customer service is a high priority and communication is key to ensuring our team is successful together. Travel is required for onsite repairs as necessary.
- Diagnosing, maintaining and repairing semi-trucks, trailers and dump trucks
- Adhere to preventative maintenance program including inspection and oil changes
- Follow direction and priorities provided by management
- Oversees Lube Tech quality of work during shift
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical issues
- Replacing malfunctioning sub-assemblies and subcomponents: transmissions, clutches, differentials, (engine not mandatory but a plus)
- Collaborate with team to diagnose problems and plan repairs
- Record all maintenance information and complete all necessary paperwork
- Ensure timekeeping records are complete per policy
- Ensure tools, equipment, shop and yard are kept clean and organized
- Communicate any issues to management including dispatch of "truck down"
- Safety, Safety, Safety comply with all DOT and company policies, procedures, and standards of safety
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years of heavy duty diesel mechanic experience strongly preferred
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement is required
- Valid DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate is required
- Must be familiar with DOT regulations
- Must have own tools
- Must be familiar with computer diagnostics
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds is required
- Acceptable MVR in accordance with Stinger Bridge & Iron's Company Vehicle Program policy is required
- Ability to complete work tasks under various adverse weather conditions including heat in excess of 100 degrees, cold, and rain
- Basic Computer Skills Required (Email, Smart Phone, Excel)
- Must be a team player who is self-motivated with a positive attitude and high regard for safety and reliability
- Overnight travel and weekend work may be required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test is required
Stinger Bridge & Iron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to apply, please contact HR to request it. This is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about your application status.