- Office of Campus Safety - University Police
- Austin, TX, USA
- Part Time
On-Call Peace Officer
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of On-Call Peace Officer. This position performs police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities, consistent with the university mission, vision, and operating principles.
Requirements of Position: On-Call Peace Officer is a pooled position and works various hours. Must be able to work (any shift (including days, nights, weekends and holidays), for special events such as sporting games, commencement ceremonies, festivals, guest speakers, vacancies, coverage for full-time staff leave, etc.
- Valid Peace Officer License issued by
- Possess a valid Texas Class C Driver's License, and have a good driving record (in compliance with university insurance carrier).
- No convictions of a class B or higher misdemeanor or its equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills; skill in operating computer systems
- Not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a
- Be of good moral character, be able to learn the applicable laws, policies, and departmental rules and regulations;
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Be able to work flexible hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be in good health with the ability to pass a Physical Agility
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to complete required Field Training Program, (must be completed with the first 3 months of employment)
- Bilingual speaking in Spanish, basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Prior university or college law enforcement experience
- Represent the university in a professional and courteous
- Pro-actively patrol or work a fixed post while protecting the property of St. Edward's University to prevent crime, maintain the peace, and investigate criminal activities that may
- Respond to emergency & non-emergency radio calls and investigate violations of the law and university policies &
- Enforce all applicable laws and university
- Conduct follow up investigations of crimes committed during assigned
- Prepare cases for presentation in court and testify as a witness when
- Give directions, information and reasonable aid to students, faculty, staff, and
- Unlock and secure facilities as
- Perform other duties as
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Job Posting ID: J2020227
with our quick 3 minute Application!