- Recreation and Wellness
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Director of Recreation and Wellness. The Director of Recreation and Wellness will provide leadership in the development and management of a well-organized department that places a premium on wellbeing for students and employees. The Director will manage the day to day aspects of the Recreation and Wellness department which include staff and student staff supervision, training, and support, budget management, and development of and execution on a focused set of annual goals that support department, Division, and University priorities.
For consideration, candidates will have the following qualifications:
Required: Master's degree in student affairs, education, higher education, health education or related field. Four or more years of professional experience managing multiple university recreation and wellness programs (Fitness, Intramural Sports, Club Sports, Aquatics, Informal Recreation or Outdoor Recreation). Proven ability to manage, lead, and communicate with a diverse work group with a strong commitment to the academic achievement and personal growth of each student. Possess strong interpersonal and written communication skills and be committed to the integration of co-curricular experiences in the overall educational programs of the university. Working knowledge of computer applications relative to management of campus recreation. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required. Preferred: NIRSA and ACHA membership. Certifications relative to program area: Lifeguard and/or Water Safety Instructor (Red Cross or equivalent), Certified Pool Operator, nationally recognized personal training and group fitness instruction certification (AFAA, NCSM, NASM preferred), CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor.
- Oversee all operations and planning of comprehensive Recreation and Wellness program including but not limited to Intramural Sports, Informal Recreation, Wellness and Outreach, Fitness, Club Sports, Instructional programs, Student Development, Outdoor Adventures, and capital projects.
- Provide fundraising/resource development support for the Division of Student Affairs and in alignment with the University Advancement Office.
- Coordinate recruitment, selection, training, evaluation of full-time professional and paraprofessional student Recreation & Wellness staff, including facility personnel, intramural sports staff and officials, Group Fitness class instructors, personal trainers, club sport supervisors, outdoor trip leaders, and marketing paraprofessional(s).
- Provide strategic vision that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion, and meets the needs of users, and promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Assess program learning outcomes and their connection to retention, student leadership development, and student satisfaction.
- Manage LIVEWELLSEU/Recreation & Wellness marketing plans including web, print, and digital media presence.
- Construct department short- and long-term goals and initiatives to align with University and divisional strategic plans.
- Provide oversight for annual budget including student staff wages, operations budget, and revenue.
- Maintain a strong commitment to student development and engagement.
- Coordinate management of program facilities including scheduling, revenue generation, customer service, staff development, scheduled maintenance, risk management, and goal setting.
- Liaison with university departments for collaborative and co-curricular programming.
- Work actively toward accomplishing the University strategic plan and serve on campus-wide committees.
- Other related duties
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.