Systems Technology & Research, Inc. (STaR) is searching for a Technical Writer to support an Aviation Project Office located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, editing, and drafting technical and administrative correspondence or memos.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, or communications and at least three (3) years of relevant experience.
- Must have an active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Familiarity with AR 25-50
- Possess exceptional writing and editing skills specifically focused on Government technical documentation and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals across multiple disciplines and leadership roles.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed
- Review and/or copy-edit content developed by other members of the team.
- Communicate with senior leadership, subject matter experts, and functional leads to determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
- Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure, and documentation
- Research, write, edit, and proofread information for use in documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications
- Provide timely editing support for reports and other documentation generated by the team
Systems Technology & Research, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. For more information go to U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.