- San Diego, CA, USA
- 25.10-37.68 per hour This position pays an average of $31.39/hr. on up, depending on experience.
- Full Time
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as as 40 hours paid vacation, 7-paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, HSA, and others!
with relevant experience to outside plant infrastructure. This position is a contract position with Cox Communications. The successful applicant will focus on obtaining access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinate permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, private easements, and make-ready engineering for utility poles.
- Coordinates contractor work and make-ready, obtains permits, pole applications, and access or ROW agreements, and distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project meets due dates.
- May function as a company representative with other utility and state/local entities.
- Research, reviews plan(s), and gathers necessary data for project.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, secures access or ROW agreements, and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- Works closely with design and engineering teams to select and allocate fiber needs and requirements.
- Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in database, reconcile assets, and generate reports.
- Attend utility coordination meetings with city engineers/staff.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience preferred in related field (i.e., Construction, permitting, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization and external vendors.
- Drive, sit, stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (Removing and replacing vault lids, pedestal covers, and wall-mounted cabinets to verify facilities and address Entity damage claims)
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground (verifying pole tags and attachments, walking easements, walking railroad crossings, etc.)
- Must be able to manipulate basic hand tools (cones and signage, electronic and manual pole measuring devices, industry standard security locking devices, and vault lid pullers)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Monday through Friday 7 am - 3 pm with visits to the field.
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401k, HSA and others!
This position pays an average of $31.39/hr. on up, depending on experience.
5159 Federal Blvd, San Diego, CA 92159