- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Full competitive benefits package available!
- Design and develop layouts for OSP Fiber laterals from tie point to customer premise
- Develop ISP Patch panel diagrams/cable rack layouts
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, costs and other supporting documentation for design.
- Be able to determine the closest point to tie in a new customer to existing fiber plant.
- Identify when a walkout may be needed for more information and request and manage that walkout.
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency.
- Ensure design specifications are maintained.
- Analyze OTDR traces, evaluate characteristics of fiber and document test results
- Assist in troubleshooting fiber circuits for light and path continuity
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with fiber design documents.
- Reviews, resolves and follows-up on request and complaints.
- May advise, train, and guide other designers.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Experience with reviewing utility as-built maps (fiber, telco, etc) to identify current routes and splice points.
- Experience in OSP construction, fiber construction, copper construction, utility construction.
- Knowledge of underground and overhead permitting desired.
- Knowledge of pole lines, make ready assessments and system maps preferred.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is preferred
- Competence in design methodology, process, and metrics
- Must be able to navigate the use of a laptop and multiple sources of data (Google Maps, CAD, system maps)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Visual design skills are a strong plus
- Attention to detail and ability to think creatively and strategically is a must
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with other team members
- Monday through Friday 7 am - 4 pm, OT as needed, nights/weekends as needed
This position pays $30/hour+ on up, depending on experience.
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as 2 weeks' paid vacation, 7-paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, HSA and others!
2605 Circle 75 Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA