- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits for medical, dental and vision. Offer 401K as well.
SRI Telecom is seeking an experienced Inside Plant Network Facility Technician providing layer 1 installation and migration. This job is in Phoenix, AZ and surrounding metro area. This jobs main focus is building out and migrating the node split project.
We are looking for a self motivated problem solver who has no problem putting in the time and effort needed to complete the task at hand. This would be joining a very tight team that works with each other to overcome obstacles. If this is you we want you on our team.
Network Facilities Operations Technician:
Responsibilities of a Layer 1 Installer:
- Install and migrate ISP node splits across the customers facilities
- Installs, configures, provisions, checks, maintains, and adjusts a wide variety of Headend/MTC equipment to provide voice, video, and data communications services, advance services, alternate access through transmission, transport, and distribution.
- Requires working knowledge of procedures for prepping connectors for fiber optic cables and installing connectors for various coax and Ethernet cabling.
- Working knowledge of RF and Optical Test Equipment and the ability to trouble shoot RF and Optical circuits.
- The position requires the technician to provide their own small hand tools required to make connections on the RF & CAT5/6 cables.
- The position requires the ability to work the night shift after on the job day training.
Training / Experience:
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience; 2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Layer 1 structured cabling experience with a focus on Coax, CAT5/6, and fiber optics
- Ability to lift 80 pounds regularly
- Assist in moving a 500 lbs. loaded routers
- Ability to safely climb ladders (6'-14') while carrying 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for several hours
- Ability to stoop over for several hours
- Ability to kneel or work on knees for several hours
Dept/Org Scope & Impact:
Entry level support role requiring basic skills; can perform some of the basic tasks within the function; some impact at the job or department level Problem
Performs simple, routine work; Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction; Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Any deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor/manager