- Ridgeland, MS, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits for medical, dental and vision. Offer 401K as well.
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hardline cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Performs on the field ride-out/walk-out of project sites for the purpose of surveying, gathering, and recording details, finding solutions, monitoring progress, performing post-construction review.
- Develops cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs, evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress to budget.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e., vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitor's performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant activation.
- Oversees the activity of subcontractors.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies, consultants, and internal business partners.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Project Management skills required.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Excel, Outlook skills required.
- Cross functional team coordination skills required.
- Ability to take ownership of jobs/tasks and drive to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Be a Self-Starter who can work independently after proper training and mentorship.
- Ability to learn new proprietary software, download and compare data skills required.
- Monday through Friday 7 am – 4 pm, OT as needed, nights/weekends as needed
SRI offers W-2 employment with access to a comprehensive benefits package such as 2 weeks' paid vacation, 7-paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, HSA and others!
This position pays $32/hour+ on up, depending on experience.