- HI, USA
- Full Time
Additional comp may be available
Cable Headend Technician - Kauai, HI
****Only well qualified applicants should apply. We will not consider you if have not worked in a cable headend. Only apply if you have cable headend experience. Telcom will not be considered****
SRI Telecom of Baton Rouge, LA is looking to hire an experienced Cable Headend Technician to work in Kauai, HI for 6 to 12 months, all travel expenses paid.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes computer, network, data communications, audio, video, and cable RF skills to design, plan, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot advanced analog/digital CATV assemblies, HSD, fiber optics, SDV, VOD, and other systems and services. Maintains system operation standards by performing quality checks, calibration, & FCC regulatory compliancy utilizing measurement equipment such as field strength meters, scopes, spectrum & data analyzers, or PC-based monitoring systems or tools.
- Assist with installation and maintenance
- Utilize knowledge in basic network management and operations support systems, CATV system inside and outside plant, HSD (CMTS), VOD, SDV, data networking equipment, computer operating systems, and techniques for proper cable installation including labeling and terminating twisted pair, coax, and fiber optic cables.
- Apply knowledge of fiber optic communications to install, operate and troubleshoot optical communication systems such as CDWM, DWDM and FTTH technologies.
- Utilize remote access and monitoring solutions such as Pathtrak's forward and return monitoring systems.
- Time sensitive projects may occasionally require work scheduled outside of regular business hours that comply with the company timekeeping policy. Duties also include on-call/standby responsibilities during non-business hours to address service and trouble call needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic tools will be provided by vendor
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A CABLE HEADEND TECHNICIAN
- Experience working in the cable industry, specifically a cable headend/hub is a MUST
- Experience working in and around fiber bays, DC plant, headend equipment
- Specific hands-on experience with cable node splits
- Expertise with CCAP and non-CCAP deployments, headend to hub to node fiber architecture, and DC plant & RF capacity
- Advanced knowledge of AC/DC power, equipment cooling requirements, fiber, RF, and Network connectivity
- Understanding of legacy and advanced CATV broadband technologies and architectures
Can you work with cross-functional teams to rectify issues? Do you have good communication and interpersonal skills? Are you detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver? Can you effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines? Are you self-motivated and able to work independently? Do you take pride in your work and cooperate well with a team? If so, you might just be perfect for this Senior Broadband Inside Plant Node Split Engineer position!
READY TO JOIN OUR TELECOM TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this telecom engineering position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!