- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Solterra offers employees: Competitive Weekly Pay and Paid Time Off • 401(K) • Tuition Reimbursement • Work/Life Balance and Community Involvement • Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision • Life/Disability Insurances
Be the driving force of your success!
Come join our Award Winning Team.
Solterra Materials strives to recruit top talent and we are committed to help you grow both professionally and personally. We are confident you will find our Company a dynamic and rewarding place in which to work.
Solterra offers employees:
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits including; Health, Dental, Vision
- Life/Disability Insurances
An Asphalt Plant Fleet Mechanic is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. An Asphalt Plant Mechanic typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Solterra's Core Values at the forefront.
- Must have strong working knowledge of an asphalt plant operation and knowledge of electrical operation.
- Must be able to read and comprehend repair manuals in its entirety.
- Must be able to Analyze malfunctions and repairs.
- Operate and inspect plant to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble plant equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Weld broken parts and structural members.
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy.
- Fosters a safety culture that promotes and enforces safe work practices.
- Proactively identifies and remedies job-site hazards.
- Examine parts for damage and/or excessive wear.
- Test overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiently.
- Ability to direct and guide team members engaged in cleaning parts.
- Ability to direct and guide team members assisting with assembly and disassembly of asphalt plant belts and parts.
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts.
- Any and all other duties assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the company's drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Serves as a safety ambassador by complying with federal, state and local laws, as well as Company safety policy, enforces safe work practices, and proactively identifies and remedies worksite hazards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Work is often performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Capable of operating concrete vibrators for extended periods of time.
- Physical dexterity to pour, grade and finish concrete, involving stretching, proper placement of legs, and use of arms and hands in repetitive motions.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of being certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on plant or other surfaces. Will be required to work on project sites and operate vehicles, trailers, machinery, equipment and other tools within local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- Will be required to work outside, frequently for long periods of time in all weather, including extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, virus or other air-borne pathogens, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education and Work Experience
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on Asphalt Plant Operations.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Plant Mechanic.
- Must be fluent in English, i.e. must be able to speak, read and write English.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean motor-vehicle record. A CDL license is preferred and may even be required for some departments/divisions.
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer.