- 23-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (PST)
- University of Michigan
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Job Listing: Intern - Human Resources
Are you ready to put your education in to action with on-the-job experience?
The Sodexo Live! Intern Program offers an exciting opportunity for currently enrolled college students to turn their leadership potential into valuable professional experience and get a head start on their careers.
Sodexo Live Information:
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members. Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an Intern - Human Resources for the University of Michigan.
The Leaders & Best...The Victors Valiant...The Michigan Wolverines. These are terms you may have heard circling around The University of Michigan and the city of Ann Arbor. The University of Michigan is one of the country's top public institutions, located in one of the best college towns in America - Ann Arbor. U-M is a leader in higher education, attracting top students and faculty from all over the world. The University offers a rich tradition of academic excellence, unparalleled athletics, and a vibrant, diverse community of the leaders and best.
Why Should I Apply?
- Gain valuable industry experience working with leaders in the hospitality field
- Flexible scheduling options that are accommodating to the student's school schedule
- Professional development
- Mentoring from a Sodexo Live! Manager
The Intern - Human Resources is responsible for assisting with the provision of HR services, policies and programs, and for coordinating general office operations.
The Intern - Human Resources maintains all business files and systems of record, organizes general office procedures and acts as a first point of contact for visitors. They will implement processes and metrics that support the achievement of Corporate HR's business goals, as directed by the HR Manager or Unit Controller. They will provide research, administrative and technical assistance in the areas of benefits, payroll, compliance, employee relations, communication, labor relations, recruitment, on- boarding, training and workforce management. They will act with minimal independence to ensure fairness and objectivity for all employees, while supporting Sodexo Live!'s vision, mission and values.
- Support, leverage and expand the effectiveness and capabilities of unit-level workforce through focus on positive employee experiences, fostering teamwork, building strong team relationships and sharing information to build team awareness.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing systems and deploying coordination efforts across the HR department.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of district, regional and organizational HR business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Current college student with studies in hospitality/food management, communications, human resources, accounting, marketing or another industry-related college program.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Keen ability to connect easily with others and create positive positioning within a particular context or subject matter.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.