Society for Science is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to public engagement in scientific research and education. We have an immediate opening for an IT Project Manager and this person will report to the Director of Technology and the Chief Technology Officer.
To perform the job successfully, this candidate must have an understanding of full software development life cycle, web development and web technologies and be able to contribute to building and working with a positive team. Candidate should be able to gather and analyze information, document requirements, and build roadmaps for projects, along with identifying problems in a timely manner, prioritize objectives and goals effectively.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, administer, and execute IT infrastructure project plans and budgets; identify project goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, potential risks and mitigating plans and allocation of available resources and communication.
- Experience managing frontend and backend web development teams and vendors.
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and deployment, managing scope, schedules and resources.
- Set deadlines, assigns responsibilities to those needed, and monitor and summarize progress.
- Manage multiple web-based projects and applications throughout the project lifecycle including definition, estimating, planning, analysis and design, development, deployment, and closure.
- Provide reports and presentations for management regarding project status.
- Provide training and create procedures and/or departmental instructions documenting use of new technology, along with providing assistance with change management.
- Leading project team stand-up focused on monitoring work efforts, accountability, and removing roadblocks.
- Project manage virtual and hybrid events along with webinar events.
- Oversee organizations SharePoint site and managing Microsoft Teams.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years as an IT Project Manager.
- 3+ years managing enterprise-level application projects and database development.
- Experience utilizing project management software such as Atlassian's Jira, Microsoft Teams, and Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and people skills, with experience working with vendors in a professional, efficient, and confidential manner.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and capable of multitasking.
- Strong attention to detail; self-starter and independent worker.
- Understanding of technical limitations and implications of design and development choices.
- Ability to have intelligent conversations regarding project requirements and objectives with technical and non-technical staff; conveying requirements to the technical team to set development objectives and technical terms to non-technical clients.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover every duty, responsibility and activity that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Society for Science provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.