- 14-Oct-2021 to 31-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Pensacola, FL, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: CEI Roadway Inspector
Requisition Number: 2021-2620-08
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time CEI Roadway Inspector to join our team in the Panhandle of Florida including the following market locations:
- Panama City
It is anticipated that the CEI Roadway Inspector primary assignments will be roadway-related projects such as new road construction, milling and resurfacing projects, roadway replacement and rehabilitation. The applicant must possess knowledge and direct experience with roadway, materials, and erosion control inspection.
- Assist the Senior Inspector by performing duties associated with the inspection of transportation projects, including roadway and/or bridge to determine contractor's compliance with the contract, plans and specifications;
- Read and interpret construction plans;
- Observe and inspect various contractor's operations to include clearing and grubbing, earthwork, embankment, asphalt paving, concrete pavement, roadway construction, pipe installation, traffic control, pavement marking;
- Position may serve as junior inspector on any given project;
- Work is subject to review by the Senior Inspector and higher-level professional staff;
- Perform materials sampling and testing;
- Preparation of material reports and daily work reports;
- Perform a variety of calculations, computations and documentation associated with the project inspection and material testing;
- Inspect erosion control devices for plan and permit compliance;
- Verify line and grade with survey equipment;
- Prepare field books for contractor payment documentation.;
- Attend meetings and interact with the Prime Contractor, subcontractors and suppliers as needed.
CEI Inspectors are subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions and to various types of weather and field conditions, including heights, uneven terrain, highway traffic, hazards of highway construction sites and heavy equipment, and may travel/work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays.
Hiring rate will be based on experience. Additional incentives are available for existing, current Qualifications/Certifications.
- High school graduate or equivalent and two (2) + years of construction inspection experience, one (1) year of which must be in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection or an Engineer Intern with a degree in Civil Engineering;
- The following Certifications/Qualifications must be possessed at the time of application and are required to be current:
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- FDOT Intermediate MOT Certification
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion and Sedimentation Control Training Certification;
- Additional Qualifications/Certifications may be required subject to project demands;
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans;
- Ability to lift between 40-50 lbs.;
- Math and technical writing skills.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor