- 28-Sep-2021 to 31-Jan-2022 (EST)
- Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager
Requisition Number: 2021-2120-09
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME encourages its employee owners to "lead from where they are," which is an S&ME core value. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, building growing relationships, and adding value to challenging projects. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Senior Geotechnical Project Manager to be based in our growing Chattanooga, Tennessee location.
Responsibilities will include coordination and performance of field geotechnical testing and construction observation, coordination of laboratory testing, performance of geotechnical engineering analyses, and preparation of geotechnical engineering reports and design documents. Additional responsibilities include the coordination and completion of proposals, projects, reporting, and budgets concentrating on staffing projects with the appropriate technical staff, distributing work in an effort to maximize productivity and sharing resources with other service coordinators. Cultivating new client relationships, and generating sales for the firm are important functions.
Qualified candidates must have proficient verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and possess the ability to work as a team player.
- BS in Civil Engineering required, MS with concentration in geotechnical engineering preferred;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Tennessee (or ability to obtain within 6 months);
- A minimum of 15 years of geotechnical engineering work experience;
- 10+ years of experience in a project manager role preferred;
- Ability to execute technical aspects of a wide range of projects including highway, power, heavy industrial, commercial, and retail projects.
- Demonstrated positive leadership and management with a good understanding of client development, business development, business metrics, safety policies/procedures, human resources policies/procedures, risk management concepts, and other applicable project management procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business. Portable client relationships are desirable.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor