- 19-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Geophysical Staff Professional
Requisition Number: 2021-2120-06
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME encourages its employee owners to "lead from where they are," which is an S&ME core value. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, building growing relationships, and adding value to challenging projects. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geophysical Staff Professional for our Charlotte, North Carolina location.
Position responsibilities primarily include coordination and field implementation of near-surface geophysical surveys, and preparation of basic proposals and reports under the supervision of a Licensed Professional and Project Manager to supplement our traditional exploration services. This includes but is not limited to, electrical resistivity, electromagnetics, ground penetrating radar, borehole geophysical logging, and seismic methods. The successful candidate should anticipate 50 to 75% of their time will be spent in the field, which includes some overnight travel.
S&ME believes in providing fulfilling careers for their employees. We believe career fulfillment is a function of an employee's motivation and ability to continuously improve while seeking to serve internal and external clients to the best of their ability. Qualified candidates must exhibit the desire to grow and serve others and adhere to the S&ME Purpose, "Helping You Prosper."
- BS or MS degree in geophysics, geology, or other related field;
- 0-5 years of experience working in the field of near-surface geophysics relating to engineering and environmental sciences;
- Familiarity with GIS and GPS location/surveying technology;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn commercial software applications required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills, strong work ethic, self-motivated, positive attitude, and possess the ability to work both independently and as a team player to meet client deadlines;
- Willingness to travel (extensively), which includes the ability to travel out of town overnight, and occasionally outside normal business hours;
- Ability to work long days outdoors in varying weather conditions;
- Routine lifting, carrying, and walking with equipment required: up to 40 to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor