- 07-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (EST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Client Development Leader
Requisition Number: 2021-3505-01
Do you find value in providing comprehensive, multi-discipline services to your clients? Do you have a passion for working with the built and natural environments? S&ME is a multi-discipline firm providing civil engineering, surveying, environmental, geotechnical and construction services. We are seeking a full-time Client Development Leader (CDL) to drive business development and sales activities in our Development Business Unit which is focused on site civil engineering, landscape architecture, and geomatics, and also represent all of S&ME service areas. The CDL will focus on the recruitment and retention of clients to connect and align with the multiple services S&ME offers and over 1,000 technical professionals and support staff. The Client Development Leader role is integral and essential to achieve financial goals and market growth.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
- Establish and lead Sales/Bookings efforts for the Development Business Unit;
- Collaborate with the Development BU Director, Area Managers, Group Leaders and other Business Unit CDL's to identify, pursue, and win work for all of S&ME;
- Serve as Investment Manager, Business Partner, Visionary, Rainmaker and key Community Involvement stakeholder for S&ME;
- Travel expected to meet with internal and external clients (existing and new) to establish and promote advanced level business development services.
- Guide and achieve net fee booked metric that drives financial success and growth of S&ME.
- Develop an annual Business Unit Financial plan with unit leadership;
- Screen and target clients to increase pursuit success ("win rate" or "hit rate");
- Drive and participate in pursuits, including holding frequent business development meetings with Business Unit leaders;
- Lead pursuits with clients with BU leadership in "go/no go" decisions, project risk assessment, management, and coaching seller/doers on how to win work;
- Develop business model for BU to balance profit and growth, while being responsive to market dynamics;
- Manage a team of Marketing Coordinators to develop and produce winning proposals.
- Leadership personal and professional growth, recruit, train and retain key hires, lead business development and marketing activities, coach and mentor team members, create and enhance business development and leadership skills, develop and implement successful strategic plans;
- Financial grow business, build quality backlog of projects, measure results, set business goals and enhance sales success, increase ROI of business development investments, budget control and management, partner with BU leadership, align business development "philosophy" with operations, communicate with other business units;
- Client Service deepen relationships with external clients, create winning teams with internal clients and explore new market sector opportunities;
- Personal and Company Enhancement establish and maintain consistency in achieving sales/bookings goals, grow top and bottom line results, implement tools, processes, to consistently determine "Go/No Go and Risk Assessment" criteria within and across BUs, re-energize mature leaders and managers; and engage professionals who are early in their career and professional development; and assist in development of career paths for others in business development.
- Bachelor's degree;
- 10+ years in business development role with focus on clients and work product;
- Proven track record of major client development, relationship building and operational results;
- Direct experience and knowledge of company services preferred;
- Driver in accordance to Fleet Management Program.
To apply go to www.smeinc.com/careers and click the "Career Openings" link. This is an internship with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor