- 20-May-2021 to 31-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Dublin, OH, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Senior Water Resources Project Engineer
Requisition Number: 2021-2720-02
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager/Water Resources Engineer to join our Energy and Water Resources Business Unit team in Knoxville, Tennessee; Charlotte, North Carolina; Asheville North Carolina; or Columbus, Ohio.
The business unit undertakes a wide range of projects with a particular focus on the completion of flood studies, the evaluation and design of dams, landfills, reservoirs, storm water management, stream restoration, slope repairs, and erosion and sediment control.
General responsibilities include development of conceptual designs, engineering analysis of design alternatives, drawing/detail preparation, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, proposal and report preparation, schedule and budget management, and communication with internal and external clients.
In addition to engineering analysis, the successful candidate will be expected to manage projects and oversee the preparation of project documents, including drawings, specifications, and reports within S&ME's quality program. Responsibilities will also include quality assurance and quality control of projects, mentoring junior staff, project planning and management, assessing project risks, reviewing project elements for completeness and accuracy, and determining design methodologies.
Experience with preparing documentation for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Flood Insurance Program is required. Specific experience with dams, including inflow studies, spillway design, and dam break modeling is desired.
Qualified candidates are expected to have significant experience with hydraulic and hydrologic analyses, but additional experience with erosion and sedimentation controls, roadway design, site design, or other civil projects is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required, Master's degree preferred; PhD considered;
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in Water Resources / Civil Engineering;
- 1+ year as a project manager;
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required;
- Experience with preparing documentation for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Flood Insurance Program is required;
- Technical proficiency in hydrology and hydraulics, modeling (HEC-RAS, GeoHEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, EPA SWMM, etc.) required;
- Specific experience with dams, including inflow studies, spillway design, and dam break modeling is desired;
- Proven ability to execute technical aspects of a wide range of projects within a specific region;
- Stream restoration and dam experience preferred;
- Excellent communications skills with peers and clients;
- Experience leading teams with varying responsibilities and tasks;
- Excellent business and technical writing skills are required.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor