- 10-Mar-2021 to 01-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Augusta, GA, USA
- Full Time
S&ME is proud to offer high quality, affordable, comprehensive financial and wellness benefits. The package includes a 401 (k) retirement plan; an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP); medical, dental, life and disability insurance; a full suite of voluntary products; a Flexible Spending Account and an Employee Assistance Program; and paid holiday, vacation and sick time. We also provide employees with an opportunity to further their professional growth through certification training and our Credential Incentive Program.
Position: Construction Materials Testing Technician
Requisition Number: 2021-2330-06
*** $1,500 Sign-On Bonus ***
S&ME is a leading, employee-owned, multi-disciplined professional services firm that responds to clients with innovative, sustainable solutions. S&ME strives to create an environment where everyone can be their best by providing a supportive atmosphere of entrepreneurial growth, to build growing relationships, and to take on increasingly complex project opportunities. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Construction Materials Testing / Engineering Technician to join our team in Augusta, Georgia.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Review of civil, architectural, and structural plans and specifications in preparation of field observations on construction sites;
- Documentation of field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications;
- Field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate, and masonry mortar/grout for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications;
- Daily use of Metafield, and/or other field and laboratory information management systems, for recording of testing results;
- Communication of field and laboratory testing results with Construction Services and Geotechnical Project Management staff, general contractors, and clients;
- Calibration of field and laboratory equipment to industry codes and standards.
- High school diploma/GED required;
- 2-8 years of experience in construction testing/inspections of soil, concrete, masonry, and/or asphalt materials required;
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading, and writing) using the English language, required;
- Ability to routinely lift 40 to 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment), required;
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (Company will provide Personal Protective Equipment and inclement weather gear, as appropriate);
- Ability to work and maneuver equipment (such as a loaded wheelbarrow) on uneven ground and around active construction sites;
- Willingness to travel out-of-town (typically overnight) for short duration assignments.
One or More Active Certification(s) Required:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Field Testing Grade I; Strength Testing Technician; Laboratory Technician; Special Inspector; Masonry Field Testing; Aggregate Testing.
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Special Inspector (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils, Fireproofing, Bolting).
- DOT Certifications (Georgia or South Carolina) in the fields of Aggregate, Conventional Density, Asphalt, and Concrete.
- Construction Materials Testing (Asphalt, Concrete, Soils).
Pay rate is based on level of experience and active certifications. S&ME offers a Credential Incentive Program to assist employees in obtaining additional certifications.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor