- Nye, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP Bonus(Quarterly)
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
Mobile Maintenance Scheduler
Location: Stillwater Mine -Nye, MT
Status: Exempt, Full Time
The Mobile Maintenance Scheduler defines and creates the Mobile Maintenance Schedule based on planned work package created by Planners. The Scheduler is tasked with evaluating manpower, shop space, parts availability, and equipment priorities to create the schedule and communicate the schedule to Mine Operations. The scheduler is responsible for managing the Long Range Schedule developed in conjunction with the planners and integrating the schedule with Mine Operations to limit scheduling conflicts and minimize the production impacts of equipment outages.
The scheduling activities contribute to establishing a work environment committed to excellence, by ensuring that all constraints are considered to create an executable schedule. This role requires substantial coordination with others. The Mobile Maintenance Scheduler works closely with planners, general foreman, and supervisors regarding work priorities and to ensure that the schedule is able to be executed by the Mobile Maintenance Department. The scheduler will drive department changes through recording and analyzing KPIs.
- Promotes a culture with Safety as the foundation.
- Creates Mobile Maintenance Final and Preliminary Schedules and communicates site-wide
- Seeks out and utilizes feedback from all departments to adjust the schedule as needed
- Establish and refine workflows around scheduling within the department
- Develop, optimize and utilize job aids to increase the efficiency of scheduling and decrease rework
- Ensure that employees are following current workflows and work management
- Record and analyze critical KPIs around scheduling (Schedule Compliance, Manpower Availability, Reschedule/No Show Reasons, MTTR/MTTF)
- Confirms that parts and external resources are available prior to scheduling with Planners and Parts Coordinators
- Work with Parts Coordinator to plan logistics for materials and components in the movement from supply chain receipt to the appropriate shop or work area.
- Coordinate with Training Coordinator to ensure all manpower consumed during training is accounted for and communicated through the scheduling process
- Reviews maintenance backlog and identifies work to be accomplished along with PMs and assist in establishing priorities
- Develops, analyses, and improves the mobile fleets through participation in Defect Elimination Programs using RCA or equivalent methodology
- Assist in the development and implementation of site-wide integrated planning.
- Involvement in all scheduling and mid-shift meeting
Key Result Areas & Measures
- Excellent and demonstrated commitment to safety & health, including time interacting with shop personnel
- High-quality scheduling. Continually refine schedule process and communications to improve workflow and work quality
- Reduction of rework involved with the scheduling process through continuous improvement identified by Scheduler and Planning & Scheduling Department
- Positive and effective working relationship with Operations, Maintenance, and Supply teams. Ensure that Operations has equipment available to meet the mine plan.
- Maintain good working relationships with external suppliers and contractors
- Focus on quality input of maintenance data so that it can be used to drive continuous improvement
- Quality Communication: Interacts with a wide variety of departments/roles. Delivers clear and concise information to both maintenance and operations teams.
- Time Management: Able to pace own work. Able to work unsupervised. Capable of readjusting priorities when necessary.
- Team Member/Contributing to Team Success: Able to understand own role and how it contributes to the overall output and objectives of the business.
- Scheduling and Organizing: For all scheduled work, determine appropriate resources needed around manpower, shop space, parts availability, and current equipment availability to create an executable schedule
- Focus on Quality: Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail
- Minimum 5 years experience in the maintenance industry, mining industry preferred
- Experience with computer-based planning/scheduling tools.
- Fleet management and planning experience in the mining environment.
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Mining Engineering Degree with 5 years experience as a maintenance professional
- 10 or more years experience as a maintenance professional without Degree
- High-level understanding of maintenance practices and work management
- Advanced computer skills and ability to learn and implement new software
- Mining industry experience
- Technical qualification in Maintenance Planning/Asset Management.
Other Skills & Knowledge
- MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Projects)
- Experience with maintenance systems such as JDE, Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Experience with Viziya or similar maintenance scheduling tools