- Nye, MT, USA
- Full Time
Industry leading benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and up to an 8% 401k match
Geologist 1 or 2
Location: Stillwater Mine - Nye, MT
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist mining operations by mapping, sampling and guiding underground production headings.
- Log and sample drill core.
- Collect detailed geotechnical information, both in the core lab and underground mapping.
- Utilize computer software, interpret geology and produce representative geologic maps.
- Provide technical information on matters of ore width and grade.
- Work cooperatively with other technical services personnel.
- Will be required to work rotating shifts.
- BS, BA or higher Geoscience degree or 1 3 years relevant experience
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision
- Work performed is both underground and in an office environment. Must be able to perform all physical requirements of the underground work, which includes but is not limited to Ladder climbing and walking on uneven broken rock piles. Lifting and carrying is required (core boxes, sample bags, iron gates, etc.)
- Operate surface and underground equipment (trucks, tractors, forklift).
- Previous underground experience
- Demonstrate and perform basic geological functions.
- Organized and systematic with attention to detail and quality.
- Observational skills for mineralogy and structural features.
- Understand and interpret plan maps and cross-sections.