- Fairfax, VA, USA
SGI Global LLC is seeking Concealed Trap Law Enforcement Instructors to provide instruction for a hands-on concealed trap curriculum designed to equip DEA Special Agents, Task Force Officers, and other State and Local entities with the ability to identify concealed compartments within a vehicle, residence, and other objects which have the capacity to conceal illicit contraband. This program will provide agents with the knowledge and resources to detect, identify, and seize narcotic proceeds and initiate new financial investigations and/or augment existing financial investigations based on the seizure of illicit contraband concealed in traps. This training will provide practical hands-on exercises enabling the participants the ability to demonstrate what they learned. The goal of this training is to identify, target, and prosecute Money Laundering Organizations (MLOs), Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTOs), and individuals who are involved with the manufacture and/or use of concealed traps to transport bulk currency, narcotics, and other contraband.
Location: CONUS, will vary based on course
- Responsible for conducting classroom instruction, presentations and exercises in accordance with established curriculum and practical exercises.
- Responsible for ensuring only current and approved training materials (lesson plans, participant handouts, videos, case studies, etc.) are used in the delivery of courses.
- Responsible for returning all training materials, including course CDs and ensuring that all downloaded materials are deleted at the end of the course presentation by all instructors involved in the delivery of courses.
- Liaise with government Training Coordinators on all aspects of training and accept and follow any specific instruction provided.
- Coordinate classroom preparation.
- Draft End of Course Reviews, and Administer Pre/Post Knowledge Surveys, Course Participant Skills Evaluations (when appropriate) and Course Critiques utilizing the approved reporting format.
- Responsible for the day to day operational activities as reflected in the program of instruction.
- Maintain high level of professionalism outside of normal training hours, and, during interaction with government personnel, course participants and training venue officials.
- Experience and knowledge of concealed compartments from an investigative point of view;
- Experience in conducting training on the identification of concealed compartments in both commercial and passenger vehicles;
- Extensive knowledge in the identification of concealed compartments as a whole and how they are used in the transportation of bulk currency
- Must be capable of presenting on the prosecution of concealed trap makers and those who utilize concealed traps to transport contraband.
- Extensive experience working for a state, local or federal law enforcement agency or equivalent experience;
- Ability to pass a DEA background check;
- Demonstrated experience conducting oral presentations for a law enforcement audiences
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.