SGI Global is seeking a Financial Investigator/Support Analyst (FI/SA) to support United States Secret Service (USSS) Criminal Investigative Division / Asset Forfeiture Branch (CID/AFB). Position is located in Savannah, Georgia
*Position is contingent upon award*
The following are examples of the types of activities that may be required. The list is designed to show typical activities, is not all inclusive, and other service may be requested in assisting Special Agents of the USSS:
- Assist Government personnel with complex criminal financial crimes investigations in conjunction with the USSS Case Agent, including making recommendations for seizure and/or forfeiture, all assets and investments that have been legally and illegally acquired by individuals and criminal groups.
- Provide assistance and/or advice to USSS personnel on the forfeiture-related aspects of their investigations. Travel may be required for certain cases. Tasks performed include, but are not limited to, extensive consultation with the Case Agent and prosecutor(s), analysis of business, financial and other records, and complex link analysis of events and records.
- Develop visual representations of investigative targets and applicable financial information using advanced data visualization tools and/or link analysis, supplied by the Government, with capabilities greater than or equal to Semantica and/or i2.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings concerning complex criminal financial crimes investigations with federal prosecutors, other federal law enforcement agencies, and state/local law enforcement agencies, in conjunction with the USSS Case Agent.
- May be required to testify in court as a subject matter expert
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- At least 7 years of experience in law enforcement, financial investigative experience, forensic accounting services, or investigative analysis of criminal financial investigations.
- Investigative experience includes all of the following areas: complex financial fraud (to include bank fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and credit card / access devices fraud), money laundering, mortgage fraud, identity theft, and cybercrimes.
- Shall be proficient in a range of analytical and investigative tools including FinCEN BSA searches, Babel Street, Palantir or similar financial analysis software.
- Military experience in high threat areas collecting, analyzing, and disseminating financial information for the purposes of disrupting or dismantling terrorist organizations may be substituted for law enforcement or financial investigative experience.
- Certifications in Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist is desired.
- Must be able to pass a background security investigation
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.