- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Retirement, Paid Time Off
Our mission is simple: we want to provide the very best in Life Insurance, Mortuary, Cemetery and Mortgages. People love our products and people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Top Workplace" for 6 years in a row.
What You'll Do
We are currently looking to full a full time Mortgage Processor. The Processor's primary responsibility is to effectively process a pipeline of at least 24 loans according to SNMC requirements and 12 funded files per month with 70% pull through.
The duties for both Processor and Sr. Processor Consist of the following:
- Obtaining loan conditions once the file has been underwritten. Based on company flow process.
- Verify all of the documentation collected meets the loan requirements and won't result in further questions or conditions from the underwriter.
- Assist the Loan Officer with ideas on how to make the loan work if the initial attempt fails.
- Orders & Delivers the appraisal to the borrower according to SNMC guidelines and utilizing the Appraisal System through Encompass that works with Mercury.
- Uploads and organizes documents received from the LO, 3rd party services, or the borrower.
- Communicating to Loan Officers, Loan Officer Assistants, Underwriters, Closing and all Client Partners in a professional and courteous manner.
- Being the primary point of contact for the borrower after origination but does not discuss the rate and term of the loan.
- Submit a complete, accurate file to underwriting. The goal is to receive an approval with no prior to closing conditions.
- Inputting changes to fees on the 2015 itemization as the information is received and issues a Changed Circumstance or performs a fee variance cure as needed.
- Coordinating closing and updating parties to the transaction as needed.
- Submitting the loan to closing with all required minimum standards met including completion of the Doc Request form.
- Meeting or exceeding SNMC's standards of Customer Service.
- Responding to all emails and phone calls received each day.
- Notifying the department manager of any discrepancies or potential fraudulent activity.
- Working as a team to meet department goals and maintain current service level agreements.
- Collecting any information to sell the loan after the loan is closed based on an investor's suspense and/or work on any post-closing issues from investors to get the loans purchased quickly.
- Respond to all QC's in time frame provided. And use as training to minimize future or repeated QC issues.
- Knowledgeable of all TRID, ECOA, HMDA, and SNMC requirements and make certain the loan complies with all regulatory agencies.
- Sending all items needed for maintaining your ECOA dashboard, which include, but not limited to:
- Maintain your pipeline daily. You must give notice of action to the borrower within 30 days. You must maintain loan status every 30 days by either logging in status in the conversation log and updating the status date or the file will need to be withdrawn or declined with valid reason. Alerts need to be maintained daily and cleared as they are fulfilled.
- Keep updated on current compliance, underwriting and closing guidelines.
- Job duties and responsibilities subject to change anytime.
What We'll Love About You
- All of the above and
- Minimum of 7-9 years processing experience in the mortgage industry.
- Manage a pipeline of 28 loans.
- Closing based on quarterly average of 15 loans per month.
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Top Workplaces 6 years in a row
- Rest and Relaxation. 2 weeks paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and accrued sick leave
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match