- Lima, OH, USA
- 75000-95000 per year
- Full Time
Leading Mechanical Contractor in West Central Ohio is searching for an experienced HVAC Operations Manager to join our expert service staff. Smith-Boughan is a well-established company with great pay and benefits, offering the highest level of commercial/industrial HVAC and plumbing services throughout West Central and Northwest Ohio. We are looking for a qualified candidate who is goal oriented, self-motivated and possesses demonstrated leadership skills. The ideal candidate will manage our team of skilled trades personnel and the maintenance, repair and replacement of our customers' mechanical systems and equipment.
- Manage, develop and support the service technician staff of 14+ employees, including hiring, termination, discipline, technical guidance and performance evaluation to support overall departmental goals and objectives.
- Monitor the scheduling of technicians, evaluate workload, direct work assignments and adapt work priorities to increase efficiency and productivity and maximize profits.
- Lead by example through the prioritization of working safely.
- Initiate and maintain client liaison to resolve issues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Oversee the process of ordering and receiving materials and equipment for scheduled jobs.
- Daily engagement in the established work order process to ensure work order accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and present quotes for add-on/replacement of equipment.
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED Required
- 8+ years experience in HVAC service operations
- Proven success managing skilled trade personnel such as HVAC technicians
- Education or hands-on experience in any or all of the following: electrical, water and steam mechanical systems, HVAC, chillers, boilers, building controls systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver license and background check required
- Previous experience as a commercial HVAC service technician preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Annual Discretionary Profit Sharing and Bonus
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Equal Opportunity Employer