- Dallas, TX, USA
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and a wide array of supplemental offerings
Showroom Manager - Dallas
Our Exciting Role:
Lights Fantastic Pro, is currently seeking a strong Leader for our Lighting Showroom, which features a beautiful, state-of-the-art Lighting Experience showroom on Greenville Ave.
Why Join the Team?
- Great team of professionals to collaborate with, and lead
- An amazing state-of-the-art showroom to call your work home, designed to illustrate and engage clientele
- The opportunity to enhance and excite environments through interesting, unique lighting experience designs & creations
- Be part of the Magic of Lighting: Come and experience the magic of lighting for yourself! Click on the attached link to virtually tour one of our beautiful showrooms and learn more about us! https://www.lightsfantasticpro.com/about-lights-fantastic-pro/
- Saylite (dba Lights Fantastic Pro) offers a competitive compensation package (base + commission), a range of healthcare benefits, company sponsored life insurance, PTO, 401k, and an array of supplemental offerings.
Quick Snapshot of this Exciting Opportunity:
The Showroom Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Showroom team, as well as hands-on service to internal and external customers. This role will be responsible for sales, customer service, P&L, and showroom oversight. In addition, this position will create initiatives to increase sales during the customer interaction process, and will work with all internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and improved efficiencies. This is an exempt position, reporting to the General Manager (Showrooms).
- Showroom Management experience in a high-end design-related, decorative lighting, home furnishings, or building related industry (lighting experience preferred)
- Demonstrated employee performance management (coaching, mentoring, inspiring)
- Proven sales and customer service background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid ability to analyze, be proactive, and resolve concerns
Lights Fantastic in Dallas is recognized as one of the leading lighting showrooms in the country providing modern, technology rich, and innovative lighting solutions to residential and light commercial projects in the Dallas area. Lights Fantastic helps homeowners, architects, designers and builders tap into the power of LED lighting. As technology transforms what's possible with lighting, we stay on top of emerging trends and opportunities - to provide breathtaking jobs. We take the latest and greatest, and make it accessible to all.
What makes Lights Fantastic different? Our team are lighting experts from sales, to job service/operations and after-care service. We get that it's not about specific fixtures, but the experience and ideas to show you what lighting can do, in ways that have never been imagined.
Lights Fantastic in Dallas is part of a larger company, Saylite, with three significant divisions. The lighting showroom division includes 5 other showrooms located in Greater Dallas, Austin, Houston, Augusta (GA) and Charleston (SC). LFP Lighting is a multi-family division selling to developers and contractors nationwide, who are building large scale projects. And Saylite is our manufacturing division, manufacturing and selling LED lighting through electrical distributors and showrooms nationally, predominately for commercial projects. The company is owned by Core Industrial, a PE Firm, who continues to look for opportunities to grow our lighting business.
If this sounds intriguing, we invite you to spend a few minutes reviewing the full job description below.
Lights Fantastic Pro is an Everify and equal opportunity employer.
Full Job Description:
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Showroom Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Showroom team, as well as hands-on service to internal and external customers. This role will be responsible for sales, customer service, P&L, and showroom oversight. In addition, this position will create initiatives to increase sales during the customer interaction process, and will work with all internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction, problem resolution, and improved efficiencies. This is an exempt position, reporting to the CEO (Showrooms).
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary duties of the Showroom Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Employee Management of the Showroom personnel (in-store & outside)
- Interview, select, onboard and train new employees, in compliance with company procedures/guidelines, and federal and state governmental laws and regulations.
- Inspire, encourage, and coach team members to consistently achieve quality and departmental goals.
- Provide timely performance coaching and counseling in the form of daily verbal feedback, annual performance evaluations, frequent positive encouragement and recognition, and documented disciplinary actions as necessary (working closely with HR).
- Manage employee PTO (time off) requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage, and employees' compliance with company guidelines. Review & approve time in HRIS system.
- Identify employees' training/developmental needs and ensure the accomplishment of those training objectives
- Sales Departmental Management: Lead the showroom team (as well as performing) the following activities:
- Sales & Marketing Activities
- Provide a consultative sales approach and cultivate partner relationships with customers
- Work with customers on identifying their lighting experience needs
- Create and provide customers' lighting solutions to meet their needs
- Prepare quotations for customer orders
- Coordinate with internal departments, including operations, design, sales and purchasing to coordinate orders, obtain approvals, expedite issues, coordinate new product training, etc.
- Provide support to team regarding unusual or challenging sales situations
- Coach sales team members to ensure sales goals are being achieved/exceeded
- Analyze website and marketing efforts, and make recommendations, to ensure target audience is being reached
- Host trade and/or customer events to increase public awareness of products/services
- Maintain and inspire a culture of "service excellence"
- Ensure customers are greeted promptly, and assisted timely throughout the sales process
- Maintain processes and organization designed to provide customers with an exemplary customer service experience
- Lead the team in finding resourceful solutions to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations
- Assist new employees with problem resolution of difficult or unusual job-related issues
- Initiate programs to inspire the team to increase sales opportunities when assisting customers (i.e. substitutions, accessories, etc.)
- Encourage & train the team to become "Trusted Advisors" and partners with their customers (versus order takers)
- Provide technical guidance to customers and the team
- Oversee effective and efficient project management of key orders and customers
- Coordinating w/internal and external stakeholders on initial order placement
- Coordinating internal company activities in the fulfillment of the project goals
- Participating in internal project meetings and project site meetings, where applicable
- Providing continual & timely, project-related communication to customers, business partners, and internal departments to ensure project timelines are met
- Maintaining close contact with the customer to proactively address issues or changes in scope
- General Customer Service & Order Management
- Follow company procedures for order processing and management
- Cultivate partnership relationships with distributor and contractor base
- Monitor delayed orders to ensure customers are taking deliveries within a reasonable time of order placement and reallocate products as needed
- Showroom & Warehouse General Management
- Heavy focus on executing the financial goals of the business
- Achieve EBITDA, sales and operating expense targets
- Forecast and budget detailed line items
- Manage showroom P&L (ensuring revenue objectives are being met, and expenses are controlled within budget)
- Monitor and control receivables
- Showroom building upkeep - ensure showroom is "customer ready" at all times, and the building is appropriately maintained
- Ensure warehouse organization is being maintained, and inventory is accurate (cycle counts, year end inventory, etc.)
- Review inventory periodically, ensuring correct products are being purchased
- Approve inventory purchases
- Collaborate with internal departments to improve processes
- Provide internal departments with customer feedback/info
- Compile departmental data as requested.
- Manage special projects, as assigned
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years Showroom management experience in a high end design-related industry, lighting, experience preferred
- Marketing knowledge & understanding
- Experience in a relationship-oriented sales environment
- Demonstrated employee performance management (coaching, mentoring, inspiring)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Superb organizational and problem resolution abilities
- Professional, helpful attitude toward internal and external customers
- Superior record of dependability/reliability
- Computer competency in MS Word & MS Excel (35+ wpm typing skills), and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work professionally in fast-paced environment, both independently, and as a member of a team
- Effective time management skills, with an ability to prioritize workload
- Business-related degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Professional appearance and demeanor
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in a standing/walking/sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, and files.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions.
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.