- 06-Apr-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Full Benefits package based on percentage of full-time effort.
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking to fill the full-time position of Supported Education and Employment Specialist for OnTrackNY. The OnTrackNY Program is an innovative treatment program at South Beach Psychiatric Center Coney Island/Sheepshead Bay clinic. The program serves adolescents and young adults who are within two years of experiencing the onset of non-affective psychosis.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an evidence-based approach assisting individuals with mental illness to obtain rapid competitive employment and mainstream educational opportunities. SEES workers are fully integrated into the mental health service. The SEES will work 1.0 FTE as part of a small multidisciplinary team providing coordinated and assertive treatment in the earliest stages of illness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engaging participants and establishing trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of education or competitive employment in community job settings.
- Collaborating with other team members to deliver the SEE support within the context of the model (e.g., engaging with participants to do fun activities, practicing cognitive or social skills that can then help them get a job, etc.)
- Based on the participant's preferences, working closely with family members, or loved ones to educate them on how to support the young person with work/school goals.
- Helping family or loved ones navigate employment and educational systems, identify resources that can be helpful to them, and/or providing other supports to families as needed to help the young person with their recovery.
- Providing job development and job search services directed toward positions that are individualized to the interests and uniqueness of the people on their situation and the situation of their support system, following the principles and procedures of the IPS approach to employment.
- Conducting a minimum of 4 employer contacts per week.
- Provide support to the individual and the family for education goals in the community, including contact with staff at high schools, colleges, and other educational institutions.
- Providing individualized support to assist participants in maintaining employment or education.
- Arranging access to entitlements counseling for the individual and/or family.
- Spending 65% or more of scheduled work hours in the community - For example, meeting participants at community locations (e.g. home, workplace, school, coffee shop, library, etc.); taking participants to apply for jobs; investigating local employment options; or meeting with employers regarding job development.
- Linking transitioning participants to services that can support work and school goals post-discharge from OnTrackNY.
- BA in mental health-related field, social services, or business.
- Training and experience working with adolescents and/or young adults with serious mental illness preferred.
- Experience providing employment or education services preferred.
In accordance with NYS Office of Mental Health regulations, RFMH employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Work Location: 626 Sheepshead Bay Road, Brooklyn, NY, 11224
To Apply: Submit an application through our website at: https://rfmh.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Please note, only applications submitted through our website will be considered. All applicants should include a cover letter with their application. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.