Retlif Testing Laboratories is looking to hire a full-time Mechanical Test Technician to join our Ronkonkoma, New York laboratory. Do you have a solid mechanical background and want a career, not just a job? This position earns competitive pay, depending on experience. We also offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), and a tuition reimbursement program. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you , consider applying today!
ABOUT RETLIF TESTING LABORATORIES
An industry leader for over 40 years, we are an independent testing laboratory that provides compliance testing and engineering services to customers in such industries as aerospace, rail, maritime, military, defense, and medical. Retlif provides electromagnetic compatibility, radio approval, product safety, and environmental simulation testing to national and international standards. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. We have a loyal and long-standing customer base that appreciates our commitment to the highest quality in testing and engineering services. Our mission is to fully address the testing and compliance needs of our clients.
As a team member at one of the USA's leading independent testing laboratories, you can expect excellent personal growth opportunities, a professional atmosphere, and comprehensive employee benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer that values each member of our team.
- Test sample preparation and setup.
- Execution of tests following detailed procedures.
- Clear and concise documentation of test results.
- Strict adherence to quality policies and procedures.
- Customer interaction.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A MECHANICAL TEST TECHNICIAN
- Associates Degree or equivalent Trade School Certificate or equivalent formal military training/ work experience.
- Must have a solid mechanical background with adherence to safety.
- Will consider entry level candidate to train with prior mechanical experience in automotive, HVAC or other related mechanical field.
- Ability to follow instructions, be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic in a fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
- Candidates must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Secret Clearance, which includes US Citizenship
- Ability to lift 50 pounds-bend, lift and twist.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Have hands on working experience in vibration and shock testing as well as knowledge of temperature, humidity, sand, and dust testing and be familiar with the following test standards:
- MIL-STD - 810
- RTCA/DO 160
- Experience with equipment qualification testing.
Retlif requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Are you organized and attentive to detail? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Can you effectively follow instructions with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines using an organized approach? Do you have strong communication skills? Are you self-motivated with a strong work ethic? If so, you might just be perfect for this position!
This full-time Mechanical Test Technician job is Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Overtime may be necessary at times, depending on customer needs.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job , please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!