- 10-May-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Victim Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Contingent Upon Experience
- Full Time
Health/Dental/Vision; 403b(7); paid sick and vacation time; onsite gym free of chargel
As a key member of RAINN's Victim Services (VS) management team, the training director will be responsible for identifying, scoping, designing, drafting, delivering, and evaluating online self-paced and live facilitated training for RAINN hotline staff, volunteers, and partner organizations.
RAINN's VS department provides anonymous telephone and online chat services to survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (NSAH), and operates other independent hotlines, including the Department of Defense's Safe Helpline, which is the sole hotline for members of the Department of Defense community affected by sexual assault.
The training director will work collaboratively across the VS department to ensure our hotline staff receive evidence-based education to support anonymous hotline visitors according to our values, which include being survivor centered, trauma-informed, non-judgmental, and strengths-based. Training topics that are addressed to help staff support survivors with richly diverse experiences and backgrounds include, but are not limited to, human sexuality, trauma responses, cultural humility, supporting visitors in crisis, and supervision best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and manage a writing, design, and editing team composed of full time staff, contractors and interns to create and maintain methodologies, processes, and procedures to ensure consistency across multiple deliverables and trainings, including compliance with style guides, conventions, and checklists for work products and deliverables.
- Establish and monitor procedures for reviewing training materials for content, clarity, consistency, grammar, format, organization, and instructional efficacy.
- Keep the project team(s) focused by advocating for end users.
- Manage the development of e-learning training products with a multi-disciplinary team and ensure products are delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead the development of annual strategic objectives for the training team and create corresponding operational work plans. Prepare quarterly reports to demonstrate progress.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on key training deliverables through reports and meeting updates.
- Develop research protocols, including framework setting, methodology strategy identification, and moderator guides.
- Maintain an expertise in training staff to provide services to victims of sexual violence. Training and services must be evidence-based and consistent with best practices in the fields of crisis intervention and sexual violence prevention and response.
- Assess, manage, and continually improve RAINN's core onboarding training for staff, volunteers, and supervisors working on the National Sexual Assault Hotline and the Safe Helpline.
- Identify emerging training needs and develop new training modules.
- Develop new self-paced training courses as needed for the Department of Defense's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO).
- Research, write, design, test, edit, launch and provide user support for all courses.
- Manage the effective delivery of courses, training materials and other resources through RAINN's online learning platform and in-person training program. Training courses will include video and audio content.
- Ensure training materials meet Section 508 standards and best practices.
- Ensure training standards for National Organization for Victim Assistance certification and CEU credits.
- Manage user accounts, team accounts, technical issues, and user experiences on RAINN's online training account via the team email account.
- Facilitate online and in-person trainings for RAINN staff, volunteers, and partner organizations.
- Collaborate with teams across RAINN including, but not limited to the IT Team, Communications Team and Research Team.
- Identify and collaborate with subject matter experts.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Master's degree in Human Services or Education preferred with experience of at least:
- Seven (7) years assessing training needs and creating, planning and evaluating education and training programs. Degree can be substituted with a total of four years (in any combination) college and/or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of success in building, implementing and manage the full learning lifecycle, including needs analysis, training strategy and development and delivery of training programs for field operations and office employees.
- Demonstrated experience using and or managing an online learning platform.
- Must possess working knowledge of adult learning and development theory and instructional design.
- This is a hands-on job that requires working knowledge of principles of adult learning, needs assessment, training development, training delivery and evaluation of training effectiveness. Outstanding presence and communication skills and ability to inspire trust is necessary.
- Must have a strong customer service focus and ability to work well within a team working towards targeting deadlines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written and oral.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a wide range of situations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when faced with complex decisions.
- Resiliently positive and energetic attitude, with the ability to successfully work on a team and independently.
- Willingness to work a non-traditional schedule, which will include some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work on-site at RAINN's office and to attend meetings there as required.
- Must be comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
- Experience in the field of crisis intervention or call center operations a plus.
- Veterans will be given priority.
- Experience with military populations.
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to VP, Victim Services at https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important--and so are you! RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.