- Cañon City, CO, USA
Job Title: CDL Bus Driver - Whitewater Rafting Shuttles
Compensation: Hiring rate of $15.50/hr
Benefits: Working with a fun loving team! Free rafting and several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail, etc.) also available.
Job Summary: Drivers are responsible for driving a school bus with passengers while towing an equipment trailer to and from river put in and take out locations as scheduled. Abiding by all rules and regulations set forth by Echo Canyon River Expeditions, Federal and State governments, and perform all trip inspections as required by the State of CO and Echo Canyon, in order to provide our guests and employees with reliable, safe, and timely transportation. Must have Class A or B CDL with a P2 endorsement. Willing to train the right individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the assigned vehicle and/or equipment in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to assigned routes and following established defensive driving practices and all rules and regulations of the Federal and State Government.
- Maintain daily light maintenance and safety checks of all assigned transportation vehicles and/or equipment i.e., daily inspection of vehicle for cleanliness of seats, floors and sills; inspection of all gauges, tires, wheels, lights, chains, cords, vehicle damage and general outside appearance (land trains) and perform pre and post trip inspections as required by the State of CO and Echo Canyon.
- Report to Operations Department when equipment service is due or repairs are needed. Perform and remain proficient in all skills required of the transportation system drivers; i.e. defensive driving skills must be practiced at all times, and a good driving record must be maintained.
- Perform all other duties which may be assigned including cleaning of vehicles.
- Always maintains a positive attitude and is helpful and courteous to other employees and guests.
- Functions as an ambassador of Echo Canyon! Sharing the Echo Experience with guests and coworkers alike. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Must participate in the DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Echo Canyon the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and possible transfer of others.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Professional appearance and adhere to grooming guidelines.
- Follow and support established policies and procedures.
- Ability to follow a schedule and adapt tp changes in schedule with little notice.
- Is flexible with hours and days of work. Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week including weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a valid CO, CDL License, Class B, Passenger endorsement with no air brake restriction.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs. Must be able to perform duties in hot summer environment and be able to work outside for up to 10 hours.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and continue to remain on active random testing list.
- Must have current DOT medical card or be able to secure within a specified period of time.
- Must report any traffic violations or suspensions to supervisor.
- Must inform supervisor of any prescription drugs taken that may impair driving ability.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills: Previous guest relation skills preferred. Two years CDL driving preferred. Must possess an excellent driving record and be able to supply proof of an excellent driving record. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment. Can you see yourself here - Apply now!