R2C is seeking a full time dispatcher to perform duties in the Jacksonville, Florida / Norfolk, Virginia areas. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assign motor vehicles and drivers for conveyance of freight or passengers, and compile lists of available vehicles.
- Issue keys, record sheets, and driver credentials.
- Record time of departure, destination, cargo, expected time of return and investigate overdue vehicles.
- Confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed or damaged merchandise, maintain record of mileage, fuel used, repairs made and other expenses.
- Establish service or delivery routes, supervise loading and unloading, issue equipment to drivers (such as hand trucks, dollies, and blankets), direct activities of drivers using two-way radio, assign helpers to drivers, work at vehicle distribution centers and assign vehicles to customer agencies.
- Process work requests and prioritizing assignments.
- Process work requests into the dispatching system from telephone calls, walk-in customers, and from operators in the field by radio.
- Assign appropriate operators to each assignment as received. This requirement entails a thorough knowledge of the location of each building, the shops located inside each building and the various stations located within the shops as well as the location of each vehicle operator at any given time.
Operate the main radio communication system.
- Notify security to arrange for escort services if a transportation request involves movement of an oversize load outside fenced area.
- Must be certified and required to operate a forklift.
R2C Incorporated https://r2cinc.applicantpro.com