- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- 95-115 per year Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO;Crestview FL; and Tupelo, MS
Quantum is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide support as needed to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (USASMDC), Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter.
- Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M), Management, and Cyber Security Hardening for On-Prem and Cloud based Windows.
- Maintenance and administration of server and storage related devices and software Travel: 10%.
- Able to effectively work with others to resolve issues and able to suggest and develop practical, rapid solutions for day to day issues
- Work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between on-time events and recurrent systemic problems.
- Provide technical and operational support and administration of infrastructure to include cloud and VMWare environments.
- Develop and maintain appropriate controls, documentation, SOPs.
- Participate in capacity planning for IT infrastructure both in on prem data centers and in the cloud.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing, including producing/maintaining disaster recovery plan.
- Maintain technical knowledge. Stay abreast of technical and industry sector advancements that would benefit the company and the team.
- Manages core Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS).
- BS Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree with proven record of experience.
- An active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret is required to do this work.
- Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance with Top Secret eligibility upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
- Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
- Understanding of the solution life cycle from inception to operation.
- Strong technical documentation skills both in written and diagram form.
- Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions.
- Ability to work tickets and projects with little supervision with efficiency and high integrity.
- Experience Creating, modifiying and implementing scripts for automating daily tasks
- Ability to establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill and strong problem-solving skills.
- DoD 8570 IAT II (CompTIA Security + CE) or higher.
- DoD Computing environment certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.