- Colorado Springs, CO, USA
- 120-150 per year Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) provides our national defense and federal civilian and industry customers with services and products in the following main areas: 1) Cybersecurity and Information Operations; 2) Space Operations and Control; 3) Aviation Systems; 4) Ground, Air and Missile Defense, and Fires Support Systems; 5) Intelligence Programs Support; 6) Experimentation and Test; 7) Program Management; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen, MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Crestview, FL; Orlando, FL and Tupelo, MS
Quantum is seeking a Cloud Architect to provide support as needed to the US Army Space and Missile Defense Command (USASMDC), Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter..
Strong working background in developing and operating cloud-based infrastructure for Government clients. Manage, administer and support daily operations of computing systems both onsite and in the cloud. Design, implement, and maintain scalable High-Available and Fault-Tolerant computing systems. Following the best cloud computing practice by utilizing Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) and other advanced technical cloud features. Play a key role in migrating and transforming legacy solutions to the cloud and containers.
- BS Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree with proven record of experience.
- DoD 8570 IAT II (CompTIA Security + CE) or higher.
- Computing environment certification.
- Architecting/operating innovative solutions built on AWS
- Demonstratable experience using AWS; especially AWS GovCloud.
- Design and Implement AWS architectures and environments
- 'Hands-on keyboard' AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services.
- Demonstratable experience using declarative infrastructure as code development and deployment such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Experience with Public cloud automaton tooling and scripting experience - CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins.
- Demonstratable experience using Kubernetes and management of Docker
- Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization - Docker, Amazon EKS, Lambda, EC2, S3, Amazon DocumentDB, PostgreSQL)
- Demonstratable experience of using GitLab for CI/CD.
- Strong scripting experience with Python.
- Experience with remote system administration methods (SSH, SSM, WinRM).
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
- Hands-on AWS experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
- Solid understanding of continuous integration concepts.
- Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing, especially for pipeline deployment and DEVSECOPS initiatives.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- An active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret is required to do this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance with Top Secret eligibility upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
- Experience working within the parameters detailed via DISA STIGs.
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: VPC, ECS, EKS, Systems Manager, S3, CloudWatch.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Environment and application automation
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Understanding of the solution life cycle from inception to operation.
- Strong technical documentation skills both in written and diagram form.
- Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions.
- Ability to establish and track metrics related to key performance objectives and service levels.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.