- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Competitive salary based on experience, skill set ,knowledge and credentials
- Full Time
Extensive Benefit Options Available
Quantum Research International, Inc. (Quantum) is a certified DoD Contractor providing services and products to US/Allied governments and industry in the following main areas: (1) Cybersecurity/Intelligence/Cloud Computing Programs Support; (2) Space Operations and Control; (3) Missile Systems and BMC3; (4) Aviation Systems; (5) Warfighter Support and Logistics; (5) Weapon System Analysis; (6) System Engineering/Prototype Development; (7; Experimentation and Evaluation; and (8) Audio/Visual Technology Applications. Quantum's Corporate Office is located in Huntsville, AL, but Quantum actively hires for positions nationwide and internationally. We pride ourselves on providing high quality support to the U.S. Government and our Nation's Warfighters. In addition to our corporate office, we have physical locations in Aberdeen MD; Colorado Springs, CO; Crestview, FL; Orlando ,FL and Madison, AL.
Quantum is seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist (Senior Buyer) to support our Corporate Office, Huntsville, AL.
Ideal candidate will perform various procurement activities for all materials, services and technologies. The successful candidate will perform professional assignments that require in-depth knowledge and application to identify , manage and issue RFQ's, purchase request, conduct regular price comparisons/ analysis to ensure that the company is receiving best price for each materials/service/technologies for all indirect/direct purchases. Conduct market research, source new vendors for competitive pricing, negotiate pricing terms/conditions for blanket agreements and sole source purchases. Maintain and optimize vendor relationships, inventory supply, source generate RFQ's. Generate reports, audits and quality assurance in accordance with company procedures and related commercial, GSA schedule/ FAR regulations.
- Maintain strong working relationships with new and existing vendors
- Review, manage, issue PR's, RFQ's ,purchasing agreements ,price analysis, terms and conditions
- Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers
- Ensure purchase process of items follows company policies, DoD government regulations and Public Law in accordance with DCMA, Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) requirements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company and
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancies with AP/AR
- Responsible for learning company purchasing policies and procedures, and maintaining supply /inventory levels required for effective company operation
- Other duties as assigned to assist with purchasing /business office
- BS degree ,prefer Business, Supply Chain Mgt, Procurement or equivalent
- 8+ years' proven experience in a purchasing/procurement, experience in DoD (government defense) and knowledge of DCMA, Contractor CPSR audits, FAR rules and regulations a plus
- Excellent communication ,negotiation and interpersonal skills ability to work with multiple levels of internal and external customers
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, CostPoint or similar material software a plus
- Experience in DoD sole source, competitive/non-competitive awards and justifications preferred
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
- Must be able to obtain/maintain D0D clearance if/when applicable
Quantum is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.