- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Competitive Salary
- Full Time
Flexible Schedule, Training and Development, Employee Ownership, Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We're 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we're expanding our footprint for exciting growth -- which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company -- it's a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career -- from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As an Active Transportation Planning Lead at Psomas, we are looking for a driven, enthusiastic leader to help lead our Engineering group in the active transportation space for geographical markets the firm serves (currently in CA, AZ, and UT). The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to lead a team of planners and engineers with a track record of increased responsibility in the planning and preliminary concept development of multimodal and community focused transportation projects. Works hand in hand with our engineers and other professionals to develop plans that are implementable and meet our clients' needs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of state-of-the-art practice in the active transportation planning and design field, and a belief that walking and bicycling are integral to our transportation system.
Active Transportation Planning practice is an important and strategic component of Psomas. This position will increase Psomas' contribution to the field by winning and delivering quality projects, recruiting, and training staff, and being a leader in relevant professional organizations.
This position offers a good variety of "seller/doer" roles that will see you involved in:
- Transportation planning focused on complete streets, corridor studies, active transportation, and safe routes to school
- Oversight and management of complex planning projects which include investigation, analyses, and preparation of public-facing documents and other client deliverables
- Application of data analysis, site assessment, design concepts and community engagement best practices in active transportation planning
- Assistance in the development of proposals and interview participation
- Mentorship of staff in the development of their own professional skills
- Contribution in research and enhancement of staff knowledge, which can involve blogs and white papers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or City/Regional Planning or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years transportation planning or engineering experience
- Experience with complete streets, active transportation (bike/ped) projects, and corridor studies
- Track record of satisfied clients and adopted plans and studies
- Ability to train and manage a planning team
- Experience in public speaking before community, stakeholder groups, and elected officials
- Proficiency in developing and managing unique project approaches and alternative solutions to meet client needs, including overseeing community engagement processes often delivered via public engagement subconsultants
- Competency with Microsoft office product suites, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or their equivalents
- Experience with developing funding proposals for active transportation through the Active Transportation Program, Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Program, and similar programs
- Skills in Arc GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay, comprehensive benefits + bonus programs
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Subsidized Public Transportation and Parking Program
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.