- 27-Apr-2022 to 31-Jul-2022 (EST)
- MCAS Cherry Point, NC, USA
- Full Time
The non-exempt job classification is covered under The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) and the contract's collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Service employees are compensated per the prevailing wage rates and fringe benefits that are set by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Wage and Hour Division's WDs 29 CFR Part 541 and 29 CFR 4.163(f), unless otherwise modified by a CBA between labor and management.
This position performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines.
Assignments require: (a) a good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines; (b) an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced; and (c) analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines. SCA01410
- Understand and meet productivity goals
- Achieve satisfactory scores on periodic evaluations
- Follow guidelines in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS), and Technical Manuals
- Execute tasks IAW site established Physical Inventory Control Plan and meet required company and control metrics
- Execute technical aspect of inventory and storage management functions, i.e., receiving/induction, customer requisitions, and transportation
- Verify quantities unloaded against bills of lading (BOL), invoices, manifests, etc.
- Check for damages
- Ensure goods are appropriately identified for routing
- Prepare/keep records of received
- Stow receipts in appropriate areas
- Ensure stock material is accurate and properly stored
- Properly pack to store and preserve so ready for issue
- Pick, pack, ensure accuracy of customer requisitions
- Prepare and complete outbound process of requisitions/transshipments for transportation
- Ensure physical conformance of packaging, quantity, correct NSN, and proper staging Transportation/ Shipping work areas
- Complete BOLs, customs forms, manifests and all other required shipping forms and paperwork, IAW the Defense Transportation Regulations (DTR)
- Executes Causative Adjustments Research Plan by performing causative research and reconciling inventory adjustments in stock records within required timeframes
- Communicate with warehouse on measures to improve and maintain inventory accuracy goals
- Executes Stock Readiness Program by performing in-storage inspections, minor repairs of packaging, limited testing of material to detect deterioration of material and/or packaging, site, and global records updates, and by providing timely updates to material attributes, i.e., identification, unit of pack, unit of issue, etc.
- Executes Supply Discrepancy Plan by preparing, submitting, monitoring, and resolving supply discrepancy reports, i.e., customer complaint discrepancies and internal stock discrepancies
- Communicate with customer when necessary to provide resolution of supply discrepancy
- Executes Physical Inventories Program by monitoring daily warehouse/cyclic inventories. Performs research and reconciliations to correct imbalances and prevent order denials
- Organizes Sample Inventory schedule and oversee to improve overall stock accuracy levels
- Perform routine workload analysis from storage management generated reports and prepare reports for management review
- Provides customer support responding to requests for information, inspections, and various inventory related statuses with specified time frames
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Understand and execute various tasks IAW with site established Quality Control / Customer Service Plan (QC/CSP)
- Perform Quality Control audits, monitor sampling plans, spot troubleshooting errors discovered and provide resolution
- Implement and provide process improvement training based on trends & analysis of Quality Control audits
- Provide process and inventory analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Utilize Query Management System along with warehouse management system to provide management analysis reports for review
- Utilize spreadsheets to capture data
- Develop checklists based on Standard Operation Procedures for applicable processes, the contract and QMSIT checklist items. Submit for management review and approval
- Execute projects with minimal supervision
- Respond to Surveillance reports from the CGA with learned knowledge of the contract, SOP's and QMSIT checklist items
- Other duties as assigned in association with locally established Quality Control/Customer Service Plan (QC/CSP) workload requirements.
- Other duties as assigned in association with Stock/Readiness/Physical Inventory Control Plan (PICP), and management requirements
- Provide timely and accurate records and reports as required
- Understand and meet established productivity and quality control goals associated with assigned functional area/process.
- Follow Audit Readiness standards guidelines
- Understand the Acceptable Performance Levels (APL's) associated with assigned functional work areas/process and work expeditiously to meet contractual and team goals.
- Adhere to government, contract, and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to use e-mail to receive and disseminate workload tasks and information.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Adhere to all PTi quality, safety, and environmental standards
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- May be required to frequently handle equipment/supplies weighing up to 50 pounds individually and occasionally items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Maintain safe, secure, work environment
- Exert moderate physical effort in the loading, unloading, and arranging of equipment/supplies as applicable to position.
- Ability to work inside and/or outside in dirty and dusty environments, and occasionally be exposed to hot, cold, damp, and drafty weather conditions while handling equipment/supplies.
- Be able to perform work on hard or uneven surfaces.
- Experience using warehouse equipment, i.e., forklifts, handcarts
- OSHA safety guidelines and practices
- Knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- Skilled in planning, controlling, executing, multi-tasking and being responsible for the successful completion of work requirements.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively read and write in English, and comprehend written instructions, perform common mathematical tasks, and communicate effectively
- Ability to operate a computer terminal, bar code and document scanner
- Possess basic math and measurement competency
- Operation of forklift, pallet jack, and other MHE
- Certificate, License, Registration, etc.:
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance applicable to the position and/or military Common Access Card (CAC) within 30 days if required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Current forklift license
- Successful completion of WMS training, OSHA compliance, and DLA SOP training
- Positive communication demeanor
- High school diploma or GED
- Warehouse experience
- Query Management Facility (QMF) database experience
- Military or DLA Distribution experience
- Training and experience processing HAZMAT
This job description is meant to be a guide. It is not intended to limit in any way the duties, which a teammate may be required to perform. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the company.
PTi maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment and random substance abuse testing and background verification checks. PTi is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment to include, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, training, and compensation.